Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was surprising when we let him go, he had a wonderful pedigree and always seemed rated by coaches and fans, think he was and England underage captain to, i think he even went of a free if my memory is right.

So were others we’ve had in our youth ranks - Ryan Ledson comes to mind. But it doesn’t mean you are ready for the premiership either. Some need time to work their way up the ranks and Lundstram clearly fell into this category.

Kieran Dowell is another. With time, I am confident we will see him playing in the Premier League.

So were others we’ve had in our youth ranks - Ryan Ledson comes to mind. But it doesn’t mean you are ready for the premiership either. Some need time to work their way up the ranks and Lundstram clearly fell into this category.

Kieran Dowell is another. With time, I am confident we will see him playing in the Premier League.
For some it is as simple as being given the chance. And actually a chance not like 8 games off the bench and a couple of starts across an entire season. English clubs struggle mightily with this aspect of it. Look how beneficial a single enforced season of that was for Chelsea.

Plenty of Ex Everton players being sought after;

Lundstrum
Antonee Robinson

Makes me wonder why we don’t put our trust in these young lads rather than signing very expensive mercenaries who don’t give a dam about Everton.
Er have you seen how we treat young players if they aren’t immediately Wayne Rooney?
The fact is, if you allow players to develop without getting on their backs and shattering their confidence then you might find a couple like this.
The fact is, lack of youth development is as much the fans fault as it is the club letting players go.

Status
Not open for further replies.