2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe him when he says he wants this to be a long term job
Nothing surprises me in football any more but I think we got Carlo at the right point in his career. He’s been at the biggest clubs in the world and they’re unlikely to go back for him at this point. I think provided that the board backs him then he’s unlikely to leave in the short term.

Nothing surprises me in football any more but I think we got Carlo at the right point in his career. He’s been at the biggest clubs in the world and they’re unlikely to go back for him at this point. I think provided that the board backs him then he’s unlikely to leave in the short term.
I'm just as concerned whether he still has the magic or not, as well as the board backing him.

People would find a reason to doubt pep if he came here.
If we can’t move on with ancelotti then we won’t with anyone. That’s the top and bottom of it.
Let’s be honest though pep would be an absolute disaster at a team like ours.

if one of the greats like Carlo can’t get half a tune out of us then we might as well fold, but I suspect whether he succeeds or fails will be down to the board and how they back him, can’t expect him to do much with some of the dross we have now

Let’s be honest though pep would be an absolute disaster at a team like ours.

if one of the greats like Carlo can’t get half a tune out of us then we might as well fold, but I suspect whether he succeeds or fails will be down to the board and how they back him, can’t expect him to do much with some of the dross we have now

That is just making excuses. The job of a Coach is to improve the players at his disposal. If the squad was great and was performing well then we wouldn't need a new Coach.

We are not going to go from mid table to a top side overnight. That means it is down to Carlo to build something. We need gradual improvement and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. We need continuity and need to make the players we have play at a higher level, combined with shrewd recruitment.

We need to be competing for a Europa League place next season, we need to revamp the squad gradually and then kick on and look to compete for a Champions League place.

That is just making excuses. The job of a Coach is to improve the players at his disposal. If the squad was great and was performing well then we wouldn't need a new Coach.

We are not going to go from mid table to a top side overnight. That means it is down to Carlo to build something. We need gradual improvement and not throwing the baby out with the bathwater. We need continuity and need to make the players we have play at a higher level, combined with shrewd recruitment.

We need to be competing for a Europa League place next season, we need to revamp the squad gradually and then kick on and look to compete for a Champions League place.
And he did improve the players he had at his disposal, it’s the main reason we didn’t get sucked into the relegation battle but there’s only so much he can do with this bunch of dossers, he’s not Jesus Christ, he can’t turn water into wine. As it stands I doubt there’s a worse midfield in the league than ours same can be said for the keeper, unless he gets the funds to sort that out there’ll always be a limit to want we can do

shush

Needs magic with the absolute dross hes been left.
If there is a worse midfield in the prem could you let me know. I could do with a laugh.
What kind of a magician is Carlo?

We need a David Copperfield to produce a grand miracle that takes the breath away, we may well though end up with Tommy Cooper once he realises what wingnuts, wingdings and characterless bits of fluff he has to work with.

And he did improve the players he had at his disposal, it’s the main reason we didn’t get sucked into the relegation battle but there’s only so much he can do with this bunch of dossers, he’s not Jesus Christ, he can’t turn water into wine. As it stands I doubt there’s a worse midfield in the league than ours same can be said for the keeper, unless he gets the funds to sort that out there’ll always be a limit to want we can do

He didn't improve the players though. We had a new manager bounce when big Dunc took over and then a bounce when Carlo took over. That is normal.

That didn't last, and we ended the season in poor form. Two points from 3 home games against Villa, Southampton and Bournemouth is poor.

As for the midfield playing a 4-4-2 which left us a player short in midfield was Carlo's choice. He has inherited one of the most expensive squads in the League and should be beating the likes of Villa and Bournemouth at Goodison.

He didn't improve the players though. We had a new manager bounce when big Dunc took over and then a bounce when Carlo took over. That is normal.

That didn't last, and we ended the season in poor form. Two points from 3 home games against Villa, Southampton and Bournemouth is poor.

As for the midfield playing a 4-4-2 which left us a player short in midfield was Carlo's choice. He has inherited one of the most expensive squads in the League and should be beating the likes of Villa and Bournemouth at Goodison.
Dont think you can read too much into the last few results given we had bottled Europa already and he was trying out different players in different positions likely with a view to next season. He will know a lot more about his players now and for me, fundamentally the likes of sigurdsson, walcott, coleman, davies have proven beyond doubt they are not good enough to start in a 442, or any Everton side at present in my opinion.

Our strongest position is up front with richarlison and dcl so Ancelotti likely knows his best bet next year is to stick with a 442 (beyond replacing 90%of the squad). Gordon did well in those final games but thats pretty much it. We need a whole new right side to the team, at least one central midfielder who can compliment Gomes, a centre back with pace. Thats 4 players that need to be starting quality for us to start to look consitently half decent. Then you can probably add a left sided player to that. Lot of work to do.

Dont think you can read too much into the last few results given we had bottled Europa already and he was trying out different players in different positions likely with a view to next season. He will know a lot more about his players now and for me, fundamentally the likes of sigurdsson, walcott, coleman, davies have proven beyond doubt they are not good enough to start in a 442, or any Everton side at present in my opinion.

Our strongest position is up front with richarlison and dcl so Ancelotti likely knows his best bet next year is to stick with a 442 (beyond replacing 90%of the squad). Gordon did well in those final games but thats pretty much it. We need a whole new right side to the team, at least one central midfielder who can compliment Gomes, a centre back with pace. Thats 4 players that need to be starting quality for us to start to look consitently half decent. Then you can probably add a left sided player to that. Lot of work to do.
Im not so sure we will go 442, we played the final few in a 4231. If CA has faith in Kean. Then think we will see Richy wide left sometimes too.
Left side isn’t the problem, it’s the middle and the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.