Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
By now we should know how Everton Transfer Windows work:

Step 1: Have a awful season ✅

Step 2 : Why haven't we signed anyone early (don't take into the fact we are financially responsible/crippled by spending on rubbish) ✅

Step 3: Compare all relegated players to buy ✅

Step 4: Do the same with Playoffs teams ✅

Step 5: Moan we haven't signed anyone but no one else has but that's not the point ✅

Step 6: Distraction in new kit fault (badge, socks, lack of stock) ✅

Step 7: Sniffing around targets leaves Bedwetters bladders filling up. ✅

Step 8: Stadium paranoia steps up ✅

Step 9: Young goalkeeper linked. We've had enough of manager/DOF/board. ✅

Step 10: Loaned players return leading to completely unrealistic sell on Transfers such as Tosun - £10-15m ✅

Step 11: New Away kit. Dulex Colour Chart experts out in force ✅

Step 12: Ex-Everton players linked to other clubs with boils pïss for some reason ✅

Step 13: Sign random player but not good enough

Step 14: Sell a player we have moaned about all season only to discover we harbour an urging love for them and Blame Brands.

Step 15: GREEN 3rd kit out with Random signing modeling plus "sKy sOurCEs" link Richarlison to PSG. Moshiri is the DEVIL

Step 16: Pre-season starts. Pictures of Sandro, Bolasie and Kenny near a first team player shuts down GOT due to urine in the servers

Step 17: Sign someone good. Conspiracy to how we got said player and where is Digne off too

Step 18: Another 3 but 2 ON LOAN. Stadium is going to be bounced out the development stage. Quick check in the archives for a pre-existing loans and tweet Dan Meis

Step 19: First pre-season defeat to Unsworths U23 with goals from Bolasie, Sandro and Tarashaj har-trick. Could they do a job?

Step 20: Season starts FFFFUUUCCCKKINN BBBBOOOOOO

Step 21: Win here against Fulham at home top of the league. Delph starts as Captain, loss, new player injured, delay to stadium, window shuts with only Richarlison sold to PSG, those darn sKy sOurCEs.

WELCOME BACK EVERTON 2020/2021

Tbh mate if he could stay fit for more than 5 mintues he would easily be a starting CM with the current options that we've got.

Massive massive IF tho, and we all knew that when he signed too....
I think his problem this season is that he was forced to play injured or come back too early as we didn’t have anyone else.

He is right though.

We have seen before that it just isn't that easy to make an immediate impact when you come from a foreign league.
It becomes more difficult the more players you are trying to integrate into a team.

We were disappointed Kean didn't make a bigger impact but at least we had DCL and Richarlison to play in the forward positions and that has given Kean time to settle.

We cannot afford that luxury with our midfield additions.

The alternative is you only buy within the league and get shafted £45m for Sigurdsson. Neither is guaranteed success but one way is cheaper.

People get their knickers in a twist every single summer about the way we do business, but the problem is, a mid-table club like we sadly are at the minute, can't just go out and wrap up all its business within a few days of the window opening.

Our targets (as we're seeing this summer) have their sights set on other clubs, so we have to either pay way over the odds to get them early, or we wait a little until the other interest subsides and we can make our move.

The only options to avoid this scenario are to throw loads of money at it and get deals done early (see Klaasen, Siggurdson, Keane, Pickford summer)

or

Target lesser quality of players who are not being targetted by the top clubs.

Fans wouldnt be happy with us doing either of those things, so being patient is the best option we've got.

It's not just a case of 'learn your lesson, do better next time'. Football transfers are so much more complex than that

As I said mate I'm not expecting massive change yet but I'd have expected to get at least a midfielder in given how desparetely we need one.

I don't even think it's necessary about getting it done quickly, because although the market hasn't been open long it's been obvious to say since atleast before the restart we are in dire need of s centre mid, so some of the scouting should have been going on then.

I do get your point though about being a mid table team and having to wait until players have made their minds up.

It’s in a paper from this morning, still don’t believe we are interested in the Jarge French Verison of John Stones
'Sources close to Barça state there are two formal offers on the table but his exit won't be immediate'... Mentions us in the article, doesn't say we have bid.

We need more Richarlison type signings, that was what we were told the remit was for Brands, It certainly hasn't panned out like that.

What exactly is a richarlison type signing though? A young promising attacking player like Kean? A 30m signing from another premier league club like Iwobi? A manager's trusted former player like Allan? A young promising south American like that Renier we tried to get?

Yeah course, why didn't I think of that. Young and hungry to improve and a valuation increase as they get better, wasn't that what we were told?

Think you meant more Branthwaite type signings, brands wasn't brought in to spend relatively massive fees like we did on Richarlison all the time

Think you meant more Branthwaite type signings, brands wasn't brought in to spend relatively massive fees like we did on Richarlison all the time
I didn't necessarily mean the price we paid for Richarlison, more they type of package we got, someone with huge potential who will improve and get us a good price on resale to bigger clubs. Branthwaite is a good example though yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.