Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knowing Brands he'll probably get flustered and sign his mum instead

Brilliant

I look forward to him staying at Lille and then moving to someone like Dortmund with absolutely no fuss or difficulties whatsoever in January

I look forward to him staying at Lille and then moving to someone like Dortmund with absolutely no fuss or difficulties whatsoever in January
He’s deffo off this window with Lille already signing two CB’s.

I think that the big delay with the deal is that he wants Arsenal but Arsenal aren’t meeting Lille’s demands.

Not that my opinion is worth much but me and my oppos regularly discuss that the art of defending is long dead. With the exception of a handful of proper world class defenders mainly those brought up on the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Cannavarro, Puyol, Terry, Ferdinand and Vidic etc etc there are no genuinely good Centre Backs knocking about. Van Dyke an exception maybe.

My point, is this guy might turn out to be another dud in a long line of Central Defenders. Remember that Skandi one that went to Saints and on here was uproar. Turned out to be worse than Kroldrup. Might be worth persisting with what we've got and get a better midfield first ?

Not that my opinion is worth much but me and my oppos regularly discuss that the art of defending is long dead. With the exception of a handful of proper world class defenders mainly those brought up on the likes of Baresi, Maldini, Cannavarro, Puyol, Terry, Ferdinand and Vidic etc etc there are no genuinely good Centre Backs knocking about. Van Dyke an exception maybe.

My point, is this guy might turn out to be another dud in a long line of Central Defenders. Remember that Skandi one that went to Saints and on here was uproar. Turned out to be worse than Kroldrup. Might be worth persisting with what we've got and get a better midfield first ?

....it shouldn’t be a matter of either/or, surely we are in desperate need of improvement in a number of areas.

All signings are a risk, the only way of avoiding risk is never signing anybody. From what I’ve seen of Gabriel he’s a defender who likes to defend. Dominant and athletic, just what we need.

He’s deffo off this window with Lille already signing two CB’s.

I think that the big delay with the deal is that he wants Arsenal but Arsenal aren’t meeting Lille’s demands.

Like that other fella we wanted but he wants Spurs and guess where he is having a medical.

If he is as good as they are saying on here, I would rather we just paid up, then haggle over the stocking fillers and loaners?

No one knows how good is he going to be in the prem though. We've been stung too many times and the same people saying stop haggling are the same ones that will crucify the club if he is another expensive flop.

He's just come off the blower to wee Bernard.

Convo went something like this.

GM: What's the craic Bernie lid, Toffees were bothering with?

B: Pay well, loads of us here, well ... me & Rico like and Yerry likes to tango.

GM: Champions League chances?

B: Errrrr, well I'm playing second fiddle on the left wing to Gylfi Sigurdsson. Does that help?

GM: Cheers Bernie, see you at the Emirates. I'll wave to you from the pitch.

B: Obrigado.

Status
Not open for further replies.