stones and barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stones and Barkley will most likely move on this summer. I just don't see either one of them back at Everton. And, don't think I want them either.
Barkley has some talent and is better than what we currently have. But the way he left? No, I don't want him back.

He's not the type of midfielder that we need right now. He's a player who does something well now and then but the rest of his game is still poor. Still gives the ball away a ridiculous amount of times. Imagine him and davies in the same side. Opposition managers team talk would be dont waste energy closing down. Just stand there and they will pass it to us.

Shamne Duffy? I think he would be a decent and affordable back up centre back.
I do like the concept of home grown players in the team for continuity and then a continual flow potential world class signings coming and that are potentially sold on for profit.
Man Utd at their peak had players like Butt, O’Shea, fletcher, Wes brown, Welbeck, who were not at the standard Of those around them but knitted the fabric of the club together.

Stones is a poor defender. I would not want him back for any price.

Ross Barkley is the best midfielder that we've had at the club since Arteta, and his quality has improved at Chelsea. I would welcome him back.

Holgate is as good as stones. Need better. No improvement. Barkley just never progressed and even tho he better than what we have in midfield would prefer if we are bringing someone in who is consistent week in week out

We got 50m for Stones and only 15m for Barkley because of his contract situation.
What are they worth in the transfer market today ?

Not as much as they would have expected I would think.

Screw them. Stones was good up until Chelsea started knocking around autumn 2015. Then he just stopped playing and we were very lucky to get what we got.

Barkley is nothing without Lukaku. Nothing. A Jeffers-calibre has been who should come nowhere near Goodison again.

The old saying, NEVER GO BACK as exemplified by the great Howard Kendall. Barkley has not improved at all, seems just to have been used as a water carrier , never seen anything even remotely creative or stunning. As for Stones, the great pretender, has been found out by both City and England, that there may be style but not a great deal of substance anymore.

Both quality players, who would improve our squad.

If Carlo fancied either/both & thought they had the character to knuckle down & get back to their best & could get them at the right price/contract, then I’m in.

Would take Stones. I imagine Ross would be better off somewhere where he has no baggage. Upton Park seems an ideal destination for him....

(What with West Ham moving stadium - he'd probably just sit there waiting for months before catching on lol)

The old saying, NEVER GO BACK as exemplified by the great Howard Kendall. Barkley has not improved at all, seems just to have been used as a water carrier , never seen anything even remotely creative or stunning. As for Stones, the great pretender, has been found out by both City and England, that there may be style but not a great deal of substance anymore.
To be fair to Ross, he played very well in the FA Cup this year. He is stupid if he chooses to hang around the Chelsea bench for his best years.

Status
Not open for further replies.