Status
Not open for further replies.
Pickford
JJK Keane Holgate Digne
Besic
Walcott Gordon
Richarlison
DCL Keane​

I'd be extremely disappointed if we fail to get cover for Digne and leave ourselves short in the L/Back position again, like we did with Baines a few seasons back.

Pickford

Kenny
Holgate
Branthwaite
Digne

Walcott
Besic (You heard!)
Gomes
Delph
Richarlison

Calvert-Lewin

Walcott and Richarlison pushing on into attack with the extra legs in midfield hopefully covering any gaps. Any of the three centre backs can partner Holgate.

Gordon and Kean as the main subs.

I have no opinion on Gbamin as I have only seen him play a tiny amount of minutes for us. If he is any good he can replace one of the losers in midfield. They will all get injured at some point anyway.
That's a good line up against the top six. Flood the midfield when out of possession, then have Walcott and Richarlison breaking forward on the counter attack when in possession.

A decent balance of left and right footers throughout the centre of the field.

Gk: Yer ma
LB: Yer da
CB: Yer ma's da
CB: Yer da's ma
RB: Yer da's da
LM: Yer ma's ma
CM: Yer ma's da's ma
CM: Yer da's da's ma
RM: Yer ma's da's da
CF: Yer da's ma's ma
CF: Yer ma's ma's ma

‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina Digne
‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ Gomes Gbamin
Richarlison Iwobi Gordon
‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ Kean

Last edited:

In the unlikely event of this transfer window completely going to pot and us signing no first team players, what is our starting 11, bench and formation for the forthcoming season?

How would your Everton line up if you were Don Carlo?

4-3-3:

GK - Pickford: If only to boost his value, but offer him a last chance saloon to pull his finger out and show why he was so highly rated a couple of seasons ago.

RB - Coleman: I think he is still a better right back than JJK and despite him becoming less effective season by season, he still cares and will not shy away when the going gets tough.

RCB - Mina: Possibly the toughest call here, but I think his game is more rounded than Keane's.

LCB - Holgate: No contest, our best centre back.

LB - Digne: Our only senior left back.

RCM - Delph: WTF I hear you shout? Our biggest problem at the moment is our midfield gets sliced through like butter. Delph is able to tackle, unlike Gomes and Davies. This adds a little bit of stability to our engine room.

CDM - Gbamin: He could be rubbish, but is he going to be any worse than our other options? It's worth finding out!

LCM - Gordon: I think he is the most well rounded attacking midfielder we have. He has pace, can dribble, shoot and is creative. He has more to his game than Iwobi, and will play better centrally than Bernard.

RCF - Calvert Lewin: I think he'd cause havoc between a centre back and a left back. Playing here he can hold the ball up and bring better goalscorers into play.

CF - Kean: Given a run of games, I think he will come into his own. His game is more unpredictable than either DCL or Richarlison.

LCF - Richarlison: He can cut in on his favoured right foot and will have more space to run at the opposition defence.

Subs:

GK - Lossl
DF - Kenny
DF - Keane
MF - Gomes
MF - Bernard
MF - Siggurdson
FW - Walcott
Keane has been arguably our best player under Carlo so he should be in. That front line isn't for me.

‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‎‎‎‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎Pickford
Holgate Keane Mina Digne
‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ Gomes Gbamin
Richarlison Iwobi Gordon
‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‏‏‎ ‏‏‏‏‎ ‎‎ ‎‎ ‎‎‎‎ Kean
I wouldn't say Holgate at fullback is the strongest thing we could do.

4-4-2
Pickford
Kenny Mina Holgate Digne
Walcott Gomes Gbamin Bernard
Richarlison Calvert-Lewin
4-3-3
Pickford
Kenny Mina Holgate Digne
Gomes Gbamin Delph
Walcott Calvert-Lewin Richarlison
4-2-3-1
Pickford
Kenny Mina Holgate Digne
Gomes Gbamin
Richarlison Iwobi Bernard
Calvert-Lewin
3-4-3
Pickford
Holgate Mina Branthwaite
Coleman Gomes Delph Digne
Richarlison Calvert-Lewin Bernard

Gk: Yer ma
LB: Yer da
CB: Yer ma's da
CB: Yer da's ma
RB: Yer da's da
LM: Yer ma's ma
CM: Yer ma's da's ma
CM: Yer da's da's ma
RM: Yer ma's da's da
CF: Yer da's ma's ma
CF: Yer ma's ma's ma

0_preview_MG722674-1.jpg

In the unlikely event of this transfer window completely going to pot and us signing no first team players, what is our starting 11, bench and formation for the forthcoming season?

How would your Everton line up if you were Don Carlo?

4-3-3:

GK - Pickford: If only to boost his value, but offer him a last chance saloon to pull his finger out and show why he was so highly rated a couple of seasons ago.

RB - Coleman: I think he is still a better right back than JJK and despite him becoming less effective season by season, he still cares and will not shy away when the going gets tough.

RCB - Mina: Possibly the toughest call here, but I think his game is more rounded than Keane's.

LCB - Holgate: No contest, our best centre back.

LB - Digne: Our only senior left back.

RCM - Delph: WTF I hear you shout? Our biggest problem at the moment is our midfield gets sliced through like butter. Delph is able to tackle, unlike Gomes and Davies. This adds a little bit of stability to our engine room.

CDM - Gbamin: He could be rubbish, but is he going to be any worse than our other options? It's worth finding out!

LCM - Gordon: I think he is the most well rounded attacking midfielder we have. He has pace, can dribble, shoot and is creative. He has more to his game than Iwobi, and will play better centrally than Bernard.

RCF - Calvert Lewin: I think he'd cause havoc between a centre back and a left back. Playing here he can hold the ball up and bring better goalscorers into play.

CF - Kean: Given a run of games, I think he will come into his own. His game is more unpredictable than either DCL or Richarlison.

LCF - Richarlison: He can cut in on his favoured right foot and will have more space to run at the opposition defence.

Subs:

GK - Lossl
DF - Kenny
DF - Keane
MF - Gomes
MF - Bernard
MF - Siggurdson
FW - Walcott
If we start with the same squad there'd better be some crap teams coming up and a few having meltdowns or we're right in the poo again...and one day we won't get out.

Its depressing seeing these line ups, mist of the players are terrible and I can't stand them. Please let us have some new, good players before the season begins

Status
Not open for further replies.