No in's, what is our best team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sw blue

Player Valuation: £6m
In the unlikely event of this transfer window completely going to pot and us signing no first team players, what is our starting 11, bench and formation for the forthcoming season?

How would your Everton line up if you were Don Carlo?

4-3-3:

GK - Pickford: If only to boost his value, but offer him a last chance saloon to pull his finger out and show why he was so highly rated a couple of seasons ago.

RB - Coleman: I think he is still a better right back than JJK and despite him becoming less effective season by season, he still cares and will not shy away when the going gets tough.

RCB - Mina: Possibly the toughest call here, but I think his game is more rounded than Keane's.

LCB - Holgate: No contest, our best centre back.

LB - Digne: Our only senior left back.

RCM - Delph: WTF I hear you shout? Our biggest problem at the moment is our midfield gets sliced through like butter. Delph is able to tackle, unlike Gomes and Davies. This adds a little bit of stability to our engine room.

CDM - Gbamin: He could be rubbish, but is he going to be any worse than our other options? It's worth finding out!

LCM - Gordon: I think he is the most well rounded attacking midfielder we have. He has pace, can dribble, shoot and is creative. He has more to his game than Iwobi, and will play better centrally than Bernard.

RCF - Calvert Lewin: I think he'd cause havoc between a centre back and a left back. Playing here he can hold the ball up and bring better goalscorers into play.

CF - Kean: Given a run of games, I think he will come into his own. His game is more unpredictable than either DCL or Richarlison.

LCF - Richarlison: He can cut in on his favoured right foot and will have more space to run at the opposition defence.

Subs:

GK - Lossl
DF - Kenny
DF - Keane
MF - Gomes
MF - Bernard
MF - Siggurdson
FW - Walcott

I'd love to try 4-3-3 but I don't think we could hack it with our midfield, We get bullied enough and now they're exposed even more.

Kean

Richy Gordon Walcott

Gbamin Gomes

Digne Mina Holgate Coleman

Pickford

Shows you the state of affairs when players like Walcott are walking into our strongest XI. Very clear where we need to strengthen

Hypothetical question. Yes we'd be screwed still, but who would you go with if you were the manager?

In the unlikely event of this transfer window completely going to pot and us signing no first team players, what is our starting 11, bench and formation for the forthcoming season?

How would your Everton line up if you were Don Carlo?

4-3-3:

GK - Pickford: If only to boost his value, but offer him a last chance saloon to pull his finger out and show why he was so highly rated a couple of seasons ago.

RB - Coleman: I think he is still a better right back than JJK and despite him becoming less effective season by season, he still cares and will not shy away when the going gets tough.

RCB - Mina: Possibly the toughest call here, but I think his game is more rounded than Keane's.

LCB - Holgate: No contest, our best centre back.

LB - Digne: Our only senior left back.

RCM - Delph: WTF I hear you shout? Our biggest problem at the moment is our midfield gets sliced through like butter. Delph is able to tackle, unlike Gomes and Davies. This adds a little bit of stability to our engine room.

CDM - Gbamin: He could be rubbish, but is he going to be any worse than our other options? It's worth finding out!

LCM - Gordon: I think he is the most well rounded attacking midfielder we have. He has pace, can dribble, shoot and is creative. He has more to his game than Iwobi, and will play better centrally than Bernard.

RCF - Calvert Lewin: I think he'd cause havoc between a centre back and a left back. Playing here he can hold the ball up and bring better goalscorers into play.

CF - Kean: Given a run of games, I think he will come into his own. His game is more unpredictable than either DCL or Richarlison.

LCF - Richarlison: He can cut in on his favoured right foot and will have more space to run at the opposition defence.

Subs:

GK - Lossl
DF - Kenny
DF - Keane
MF - Gomes
MF - Bernard
MF - Siggurdson
FW - Walcott

I’d go the same except Gomes instead of Delph and Walcott instead of DCL on the right wing. If there was a single injury though we’re immediately into players not good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.