stones and barkley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The state of Barkley starting another Champions League game. He's only gone downhill since he left here.

See ya later you horrible rotten RAT snake, ahahahahaha!

Although we desperately need new midfielders , Barkley is not what we need. Need someone who is more dynamic and box to box. Combine that with the way he manipulated the club during his "escape" , and the fact that he probably still has problems in the city itself , then he is a definite no from me.
Although Stones always has a mistake in him , and isn't particularly great at leadership , I would consider him , but only at a much reduced fee and salary package. As he probably would make our FFP situation worse , and CB isn't as vital for us compared to midfield at the moment , then he is also a no from me.

The Goodison crowd berated them as rubbish every game. I'm not surprised they left.

I used to think it too,
that big turn and faffing around that Stones did in the box, when he turned and gestured to the crowd was a one-off, but it must have been bubbling up inside him for ages. Same with Barkley. If they were both online and on social media, their personalities are such that they must be unable to take criticism.

Barkley has gone backwards, he's a shadow of the player he was at 19. Stones is a mistake waiting to happen but a good player.

Stones and Barkley will most likely move on this summer. I just don't see either one of them back at Everton. And, don't think I want them either.
Barkley has some talent and is better than what we currently have. But the way he left? No, I don't want him back.

Barkley has gone backwards, he's a shadow of the player he was at 19. Stones is a mistake waiting to happen but a good player.

Yeah. He looked 'better than Rooney' at a certain age. Something's wrong if we can't actually develop players from U23 to proper premier league standard. I think that's the gap at the moment. Why do they look great at every age level until they get to the first team. ?

That's Brands, Unsworth and the coordination at fault there.

Although we desperately need new midfielders , Barkley is not what we need. Need someone who is more dynamic and box to box. Combine that with the way he manipulated the club during his "escape" , and the fact that he probably still has problems in the city itself , then he is a definite no from me.
Although Stones always has a mistake in him , and isn't particularly great at leadership , I would consider him , but only at a much reduced fee and salary package. As he probably would make our FFP situation worse , and CB isn't as vital for us compared to midfield at the moment , then he is also a no from me.

I think this is the key thing - we need Leaders on the pitch now, not just talents.

QUick passing and dynamic play - they can both do that I think - but yes all the other reasons preclude them

Yeah. He looked 'better than Rooney' at a certain age. Something's wrong if we can't actually develop players from U23 to proper premier league standard. I think that's the gap at the moment. Why do they look great at every age level until they get to the first team. ?

That's Brands, Unsworth and the coordination at fault there.
I agree, why are they not making the step up, they're winning at that level so it a bit strange more of them don't come through.

Status
Not open for further replies.