Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll give up on the CB hunt if Gabriel decides to go elsewhere.

Personally I'd be looking at:
  • Allan - £20m.
    • It makes too much sense now. He's out of favour in Naples, Carlo knows him and he has everything we miss in midfield (aggression, ball retention, tackling). He's not going to get 10 assists, but someone who can win then keep the ball in midfield would be a game changer for us. If we can get him on a 3 year deal for £20m, the lack of resale value isn't a big deal.
  • Bailey - £25m.
    • Despite having a bit of an off season he's still highly rated and turned 23 today. If the rumours are true that he's available for £25m we should be all over it. He's lightning quick, direct and tricky. The perfect kind of purchase for us as one decent season doubles his value. Wages wouldn't be cheap as he's supposedly on 75k pw at Bayer.
  • James Rodriguez - loan £6m fee (Bayern paid £12m for 2 seasons).
    • One year left on a massive contract and just turned 29. I can't see any clubs coming in for a big fee so it'll probably be a loan. Carlo absolutely loves him and he loves Carlo. The hype around him signing alone is worth every penny and it'll show our current players, and football generally that we're serious. Absolute magic and would make things happen in the attack.
  • At right back Celik (£20m) would be brilliant. I watched most of Lille's games last season (less this season, but he's looked just as good) and he has a bit of everything.
    • For a cheaper option Centonze from Metz was solid all season and is only 24 - could be worth going for if we want to spend money elsewhere.
  • If we do decide to shift one of Mina or Keane, and can't get Gabriel in, we should be going for Thiago Silva on a free transfer with a 2 year deal @ £150k pw.
    • Another one of Carlo's favourites, huge experience and still a top footballer despite his age.
No idea on left back. Wouldn't be surprised if we promote Niels and hope for the best lol.

Looking at the above we'd be looking at a total outlay of approx £70m (a chunk offset with the sale of Mina or Keane who I assume would fetch £20m+ themselves), and a sizeable increase of wages (hopefully offset when we manage to scam clubs into taking some of our terrible high earners).

The difference to the quality of the squad would be huge if we pulled off something like this, with a change back to 4-2-3-1:

View attachment 97154

Squad options being:
Virginia
Coleman
Niels
Iwobi
Gordon
Bernard (if he stays?)
Kean
Davies
Gbamin
Mina or Keane
Branthwaite

Ajer from Sellick. Left footed centre back.

• Allan - £20m.
    • It makes too much sense now. He's out of favour in Naples, Carlo knows him and he has everything we miss in midfield (aggression, ball retention, tackling). He's not going to get 10 assists, but someone who can win then keep the ball in midfield would be a game changer for us. If we can get him on a 3 year deal for £20m, the lack of resale value isn't a big deal.
  • Bailey - £25m.
    • Despite having a bit of an off season he's still highly rated and turned 23 today. If the rumours are true that he's available for £25m we should be all over it. He's lightning quick, direct and tricky. The perfect kind of purchase for us as one decent season doubles his value. Wages wouldn't be cheap as he's supposedly on 75k pw at Bayer.
    • One year left on a massive contract and just turned 29. I can't see any clubs coming in for a big fee so it'll probably be a loan. Carlo absolutely loves him and he loves Carlo. The hype around him signing alone is worth every penny and it'll show our current players, and football generally that we're serious. Absolute magic and would make things happen in the attack.
  • At right back Celik (£20m) would be brilliant. I watched most of Lille's games last season (less this season, but he's looked just as good) and he has a bit of everything.
    • For a cheaper option Centonze from Metz was solid all season and is only 24 - could be worth going for if we want to spend money elsewhere.
  • If we do decide to shift one of Mina or Keane, and can't get Gabriel in, we should be going for Thiago Silva on a free transfer with a 2 year deal @ £150k pw.
    • Another one of Carlo's favourites, huge experience and still a top footballer despite his age.
No idea on left back. Wouldn't be surprised if we promote Niels and hope for the best lol.

Looking at the above we'd be looking at a total outlay of approx £70m (a chunk offset with the sale of Mina or Keane who I assume would fetch £20m+ themselves), and a sizeable increase of wages (hopefully offset when we manage to scam clubs into taking some of our terrible high earners).

The difference to the quality of the squad would be huge if we pulled off something like this, with a change back to 4-2-3-1:

View attachment 97154

Squad options being:
Virginia
Coleman
Niels
Iwobi
Gordon
Bernard (if he stays?)
Kean
Davies
Gbamin
Mina or Keane
Branthwaite

you bored mate lol. That would be good but kean up front

This lad being mentioned
Luiz Henrique botafogo

9FFE0467-B093-4633-A71B-70469FA08528.png

Last edited:

• Allan - £20m.
  • Bailey - £25m.

View attachment 97154

Squad options being:
Virginia
Coleman
Niels
Iwobi
Gordon
Bernard (if he stays?)
Kean
Davies
Gbamin
Mina or Keane
Branthwaite
James going to Athletico i heard

• Allan - £20m.
  • Bailey - £25m.

View attachment 97154

Squad options being:
Virginia
Coleman
Niels
Iwobi
Gordon
Bernard (if he stays?)
Kean
Davies
Gbamin
Mina or Keane
Branthwaite
Just a goal keeper and that would be a great window.

Rags trying to talk up again that we are after Tosin Adarabioyo from Man City. Nothing like some recycled rumours from 2-3 years ago lol

Status
Not open for further replies.