Sentimentality

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing back Rooney who sodded off at the first chance at 18 years old and after kissing the United badge for 13 years is welcomed back a hero for a farewell tour when he's past it at 32.

My sentiments exactly. I can't imagine the RS doing that.

It's no wonder that guys like Scholes regard us as being on the same level as West Ham.

Been killing this club for years. Keeping hold of players years past their best, long contracts for kids who'll never make it at this level, senior executives and coaches given jobs way above their ability as long as they're blues.

There's nothing competitive or ruthless about the club, on or off the pitch. There's culture of fatalism (never once have we stood up for ourselves against shocking PL/refereeing decisions) and acceptance of mediocrity.

And the players know it. They don't have to try too hard, as long as they're nice lads they can hang around for years and pick up millions.

It's structural and until we do something about it, it's more of the same.

Structural sentimentality

I like that you should invent that term. I've been writing about structural racism recently and your post just makes loads of sense because all the behaviours and evidence are the same.

I love what Big Dunc did in those games he was in charge, but I have always wondered about him too. How is it he has survived since Martinez now I think?
Would love to know actually about his qualities and skills.

Apart from that though, I think even physios, kit men, backroom staff, all of them should have a winning mentality. The big issue for me is that unless the ex-players are from the 80s, which is almost impossible, how can ex-players have a winning mentality? I would only accept the players from the best Moyes team - Cahill, Arteta, Gravesen, maybe Heitinga, Distin, Baines, Howard - as coaches or staff - but even then ONLY if they had management or coaching skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.