2019/20 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
One transfer and that would change again.
This is the silly season on forums like this.
A glance through most of the threads here show that clearly.
It is either knee jerk reaction to everything or posters running with silly transfer rumours.

When the players get back to training and when a couple of signings are made we will probably lurch in a completely different direction.

The survey is shared across all out platforms.

In fact, less than 10% come from the lazy gits on this forum lol

Most come from email and social media.

[Edit] The fickleness works both ways. Last summer Marco Silva had a 96.7% approval rating, higher than Ancelotti on the back of a strong finish to the league.All the survey captures is the current mood really, and a lot of fans will be heavily influenced by recent weeks. Human nature, that.

In my opinion it will improve as transfers happen.
We are all desperate for transfers in and out.
When there is no activity fans get unhappy.
I think that Brands should be judged after a period of four or five years...any DOF should.
Football is not a business you get four or five years in. After two years and over £200m spent we should expect to see some improvement, however minor that is, not regression.

12th place is completely unacceptable.

The stadium move is crucial. I’d say it’s the most important thing for the club at this moment in time
Not for me, getting rid of the deadwood that is strangling the squad and also changing the mentality that seems to have taken root within the club. If we don't sort things like this out, being in a new stadium makes no difference whatsoever imo.

Too many people to get rich for it to fail.
I’ve heard this a few times on here , who are these many people , the only one I can see getting Rich in monetary terms is FM and that is if everything goes to plan and it’s on budget , a decent team in three years time , huge increase in corporate take up of seats and lounges and sponsorships

There is still an element of risk for this inc over budget , Ticket price increases affecting the attendance and the budget that’s needed to bring a squad up to top 4 capability in 3 years , FM will have invested and be guaranteeing nigh on a billion pounds once this Is done .

I don’t get the idea of Liverpool Waters creating huge wealth for people just because a stadium is built , you can build what you want down that way right now if your prepared to invest .

The stadium needs to be done and can be a great catalyst for the club but just can’t see how it’s going to make many people rich .

Football is not a business you get four or five years in. After two years and over £200m spent we should expect to see some improvement, however minor that is, not regression.

12th place is completely unacceptable.

It isn’t but it’s not on Brands to tell the players not to woefully underperform, that is on the manager and the previous one to that was a horrendous failure which was part in part why we finished 12th

It isn’t but it’s not on Brands to tell the players not to woefully underperform, that is on the manager and the previous one to that was a horrendous failure which was part in part why we finished 12th
No, but he has generally spent money on buying bang average players who have under performed elsewhere, so how can we expect anything better? The key deadwood that are really killing the club are mostly still here, and we just had our worst finish in years.
Now i don't actually think 5 years plans and all that stuff work in the PL tbh, it's too much of a here and now league that demands results and fans want to see answers on the pitch week in week out. The Dutch league is little more than an under23's development league let's be honest now and Brands won't have experienced this before. What i would say is that due to Koemageddon we need changes from top to bottom and whether that's Brands or another nobody was going to do that in 2 years so i think he deserves a bit more time and i am happy to wait and see what happens, but seriously, seriously needs to up his game.

You can understand his frustration, he comes across as the sort that does the deals privately and only has it come out when near completion.

He had grabriel at finch farm in feb. no one else to blame if he messes that deal up. All clubs and agents will release info to drive up interest. Been happening since Moses was in short pants.

We still don’t know if that was completely true, that’s kind of the point he’s driving at

He had grabriel at finch farm in feb. no one else to blame if he messes that deal up. All clubs and agents will release info to drive up interest. Been happening since Moses was in short pants.

He’s a hypocrite. No doubt he’s leaking this to the press so he can say ‘it’s not my fault gov’. Yet blames agents for leaking information.

How about closing the deal(s). Marcel you fraud?. He is already Blaming everyone but himself. Very alarming.

Status
Not open for further replies.