Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sarr's potential ceiling is very high compared to the other two imo but he would cost big, If we're talking realistically in our budget then Buendia 100%,
Also in terms of what we need right now, which for me is passing and creativity, he fits the best. Sarr especially is more of a scorer first and we have that role covered better.

Personally out of that hypothetical list, Brooks would be the one I’d take. Left footed and before his injury he had a great knack of popping up with goals. Sarr would be the most expensive and Watford wouldn’t deal with us anyway

Personally out of that hypothetical list, Brooks would be the one I’d take. Left footed and before his injury he had a great knack of popping up with goals. Sarr would be the most expensive and Watford wouldn’t deal with us anyway
I like Brooks, clever, gets in the box will know what Everton are all about since he is from the North West. Also he wouldn't cost more than 20m in my opinion.

As bad as we lack creative for the wings and midfield you would hope they would give Buendia a look, wouldn't mind josh king either as a player who could play out wide or in a strike partnership.

I know some don't fancy the idea of a relegated player, but of Sarr, Buendia or Brooks which do you prefer? Honestly, i could be happy with any of the three.

Buendia - likely the cheapest, lacks goals, but creates chances
Brooks - left footed, only going to improve, creativity and goals in his game, potential injury concerns
Sarr - most expensive, pace to burn, has goals in him, weaker left foot
I like the look of all three of them, tbh. I don't buy this whole "they were relegated so they must be crap" argument. The same people giving it all that are probably the same one's saying don't buy Man U/Man City/Chelsea rejects. Doesn't leave us much wiggle room. Can we buy from Leicester? Southampton?
I'd have any or all of them.

I don’t agree Watford wouldn’t deal with us, our money is as good as anyone else’s.
They sold us Richarlison in probably the most strained circumstances. If we're the highest bidder they'll deal with us. Looks like the RS, though. He'll do well there, unfortunately.

I would be pleased with any of Sarr, Buendia or Brooks. Besides the obvious things like price, do they want to come, etc, you would think the next consideration would be to type of player Carlo can work best with. I get the feeling that Buendia might be the cheapest, could be a great Bernard replacement if he's off. Two footed and puts in some really lovely passes. Would need some additional goals, however, and I don't know where else those are coming from at the moment. Might be best to target a winger who scores.

I’m looking forward to seeing who Carlo and Marcel bring in - they absolutely must get this window right.

Hopefully the leaks start flowing soon enough.

I imagine Allan will be the midfielder we bring in with PEH going to Spurs.

We deffo need the outs. I'd be happy with 15 outs, 4 ins. I'd be ecstatic with 5 ins.

What are the outs so far? Stek, Niasse, Martina, Schneiderlin, Dowell, have I missed any?
Bolasie, Sigurdsson, Tosun, Besic, Pennington, Kenny, Sandro, Delph to go

Those 13 out would equal about 730k of weekly wages off the books, or 27-28m in total. How sad.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.