Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalot would be a shrewd signing, as previously said covers 4 positions adequately & would probably be our starting right back as is. Would mean we didn’t have to buy a left back too.

Everloan with an option to buy would be perfect, don’t even care that it’s another Man U cast off. So long as it’s more Phil than Morgan

I quite like Dalot, and united fans I know also think he is pretty decent and wonder why he doesn't get more game time with them. He seems to have dropped even below Fosu-Mensah in their pecking order.

If the fee is as low as being touted then I think this is a shrewd signing, a loan with a view to buy would be even better of course.

Rather try him on loan first, always worry about buying big six squad players, have they the hunger ? Been stung a couple of times with Arsenals the last couple of years. Loan to buy if possible.
Yep Monaco could have stuck us with a dud if we'd gone for a direct sale.

Dalot would be a shrewd signing, as previously said covers 4 positions adequately & would probably be our starting right back as is. Would mean we didn’t have to buy a left back too.

Everloan with an option to buy would be perfect, don’t even care that it’s another Man U cast off. So long as it’s more Phil than Morgan

Would rather still at least loan a left back - that sounds ominously like when we signed Martina and people argued that he'd be fine to cover both full back positions

Would rather still at least loan a left back - that sounds ominously like when we signed Martina and people argued that he'd be fine to cover both full back positions

But the issue there is that Martina was turd. Dalot isn't a Martina level footballer so if he can cover both its fine. Not to forget in a real injury crisis, Holgate covers Rb and Dalot covers LB.

I think between Dalot and that French under 21 international it wouldn’t be a priority for us to find a left back. In fact I’d say it would be the lowest priority position to look to add to.

I don't think you really want your first choice right back to be your second choice left back. It would basically mean one serious injury and you're playing half a season without either of your first choice full backs. It's useful to have someone who can cover both positions in an emergency but I don't think you want to be counting them as options on both sides ideally.

I don't think you really want your first choice right back to be your second choice left back. It would basically mean one serious injury and you're playing half a season without either of your first choice full backs. It's useful to have someone who can cover both positions in an emergency but I don't think you want to be counting them as options in both positions ideally.

rather get him in and focus more on centre mid. It’s not the ultimate solution (thank goodness he’s not German) but it does take huge pressure off the full back recruitment, especially given we signed that French under 21 full back kid.

I think between Dalot and that French under 21 international it wouldn’t be a priority for us to find a left back. In fact I’d say it would be the lowest priority position to look to add to.

But the issue there is that Martina was turd. Dalot isn't a Martina level footballer so if he can cover both its fine. Not to forget in a real injury crisis, Holgate covers Rb and Dalot covers LB.

Granted, I think Dalot is miles better than Martina was, but my issue tbh is only having one natural left footed full back in the squad. If Digne got injured, the balance of the team suffers massively when you are needing the full backs to provide width. I think we need two full backs - one to challenge/replace Coleman on the right and another, ideally on loan, to cover for Digne while the French kid gets up to speed - this is, after all, why we offered Baines another year. We were planning to have two right backs and two left backs in the squad this season, Dalot may well have ended up as the RB anyway, I don't see any reason that should change tbh.

Status
Not open for further replies.