Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair points these.

Not too sure we’ve dropped our interest in a CB though?

I would imagine we do need one though, I rate Mina and Holgate but Keane is limited.

Gibson would probably be suited to going to Germany for a season and Brainwaite getting a loan too.

Tough one isn’t it, but I think we will sign a CB and may have dropped a clanger with Gabriel.
I think we can make do and mend with existing resources. Agree Keane is limited and ideally the youngsters go out on loan but it’s certainly not the worst stable of CBs going. I don’t know anything about Gabriel if I’m honest; I’d spend on other areas first.

I think we should do something unprecedented and back the youth in Gibson and Branthwaite. Give Gibson his chance and Give Branthwaite a properly calculated Championship loan. No need to buy Zouma/Gavbriel/anyone.

Other way round, Gibson on loan to championship.
Our priority should be midfield anyway, then right back.

Fair points these.

Not too sure we’ve dropped our interest in a CB though?

I would imagine we do need one though, I rate Mina and Holgate but Keane is limited.

Gibson would probably be suited to going to Germany for a season and Brainwaite getting a loan too.

Tough one isn’t it, but I think we will sign a CB and may have dropped a clanger with Gabriel.
Agree about Gibson
I would keep Branthwaite till December minimum before a loan, so he has had a full year at the club training with Carlo. Unless you are loaning a player back to his former club, it is always a good idea to let an inexperienced player settle in somewhere for a bit before sending him away to places he might be unfamiliar with.

I mean, if he doesn't come, it makes sense.

We bid and he agreed a provisional contract in Feb, Corona hit, we can't afford the fee/wage package anymore, probs tried to lower it, we got outbid.

Simple.

For me Gibson has done his time on loan and deserves his first team chance

Gibson and Branthwaite both need to play games, every week.

I know it would be lovely to keep them around, but they need to be on the pitch.

Now granted with the way our CBs fall apart they might get that here, but we have to assume the best case for them and for me that's them playing weekly and improving.

Status
Not open for further replies.