Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the main point is that the discussion was criticising Brands about the youth team when he had had severe limitations placed on him. Apparently this was an area he was good at, but has not really been able to show his skills with us yet.
Branthwaite looks really promising though, and he has overseen the emergence of Holgate and Gordon. The new left back looks promising as well.
The unfortunate side is that the numbers coming through will probably drop off as a result of the ban.

I think Unsworth is a problem within the academy and the focus on winning the Prem 2 rather than creating players for the first team.

Might be throwing my eggs in the Gomes basket but as a defensive player in midfield goes we have nobody we can rely on, Delph has missed more games through injury than Gomes whose ankle was doing backflips and Gbamin has had 2 horror injuries in less than 12 months. Our midfield was non existent because nobody put a tackle in and were all absolute slugs.
Gomes has quite literally shown zero in the final third in two seasons here. It's a pretty silly basket to put eggs at this point.

Rafinha would be solid on a super cheap deal and so long as we changed the system to a 3 man midfield. I feel like that combination of things is unlikely.

This is true but I think we need someone with a bit of mobility and bite, don't see Rafinha as that type, played mainly behind the striker in his career hasn't he? Might be wrong in that like
If your injury history on transfermarkt runs into a second page you should probably avoid..

But- he has loads of quality, would be an upgrade in the centre or on the right of midfield. Spent most of his time playing as a centre midfielder with someone defensive next to him... But versatile and has the quality to improve us and be adaptable to whatever formation we play.

But as you said, nowhere near our main priority. still leaves us needing someone good who can tackle and press and a winger, he'd be expensive (wages+ transfer as well).

I think Unsworth is a problem within the academy and the focus on winning the Prem 2 rather than creating players for the first team.
He goes away and plays 4-5-1 with Gordon up top trying to run down hoofballs and because Gordon was too good for that league they drew but it was a game that had zero developmental value for any of the players aside from maybe defensive positioning. They didn't play the ball at all and then we come through with no ball playing midfielders.

If your injury history on transfermarkt runs into a second page you should probably avoid..

But- he has loads of quality, would be an upgrade in the centre or on the right of midfield. Spent most of his time playing as a centre midfielder with someone defensive next to him... But versatile and has the quality to improve us and be adaptable to whatever formation we play.

But as you said, nowhere near our main priority. still leaves us needing someone good who can tackle and press and a winger, he'd be expensive (wages+ transfer as well).
Just looked at his injury record then, how has that lad got any knees left? 100% we sign him and knee explodes again

Thomas Lemar, French attacking midfielder from Atlético de Madrid, is on the shelves with Everton looking to revive him this summer.

Struggling in recent months at Atlético de Madrid, Thomas Lemar (24) could change tune this summer! According to our information, Everton is very interested in the former attacking midfielder of AS Monaco, but this file is complicated to complete for the formation of Carlo Ancelotti since Atlético is very greedy for the French world champion, whose contract runs until 2023. As a reminder, the Colchoneros had paid no less than € 70 million to recruit Lemar in the

*Nothing story really

We didn’t have one as good for 20/30 years before and he won’t be replaced properly within the next 10 either. I didn’t even like him either but goals wise Richarlison and DCL don’t come close.
I mean, Richarlison's scored more PL goals in his first 2 seasons with us than Lukaku did (while playing on the wing for > half the time)... so I dunno if it's fair to say he doesn't come CLOSE...

Thomas Lemar, French attacking midfielder from Atlético de Madrid, is on the shelves with Everton looking to revive him this summer.

Struggling in recent months at Atlético de Madrid, Thomas Lemar (24) could change tune this summer! According to our information, Everton is very interested in the former attacking midfielder of AS Monaco, but this file is complicated to complete for the formation of Carlo Ancelotti since Atlético is very greedy for the French world champion, whose contract runs until 2023. As a reminder, the Colchoneros had paid no less than € 70 million to recruit Lemar in the

*Nothing story really
I mean, there's little to no chance of that happening, but please god...

That depends what targets Unsworth is set. The club have kept hold of some younger players too long, but moving players on has been a wider issue across the first team as well for some time. The U23 team has been filled with older players. It may in part be a consequence of the transfer ban though.

I can’t really comment on Unsworth’s performance because I don’t watch the U23’s. However it seems odd to criticise a manager for winning, especially when players are actually coming through to the first team squad.

I was always thought you wanted youngsters to develop a winning mentality.

No chance, great player though, Madrid payed a fortune for him, so will be looking for serious wonga.

All that said if you told me Ancelottii would be our manager this time last year i wouldn't have believed you, so essentially dont listen to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.