Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do we know those were our top 2 targets?

I think that almost literally everything written in the media about transfers is total jarg.
Agreed.
We have three senior centrehalves already. We have two more highly promising youngster in Gibson and Branthwaite and Gbamin is nearly more highly rated as a centre half than as a midfielder.. if ever he gets fit.

I just don't think centre half is the biggest priority or close to it.
Midfield is the position that needs strengthening.

Branthwaite had signed a pro contract with Carlisle I think, that's why he didnt count as a youth player for the purposes of the ban.
Yeah, it was all a very "wait...that doesn't make sense but I'm not going to dig too deep" type of thing. We offered him a pro contract too? I don't know, all I know is that we signed a 17 year old when we were/are banned from signing anyone under 18. So...

Colin-Farrell-Shrug-In-Bruges.gif

Disagree on Richarlison. I think we would find it as hard as it has been replacing Lukaku

presinally I don’t think replacing Lukaku was extremely difficult (it wasn’t easy, but not impossible), I think we as a club made serious errors. Big difference IMO.

Yeah, it was all a very "wait...that doesn't make sense but I'm not going to dig too deep" type of thing. We offered him a pro contract too? I don't know, all I know is that we signed a 17 year old when we were/are banned from signing anyone under 18. So...

Colin-Farrell-Shrug-In-Bruges.gif

we weren't banned from signing anyone under 18

presinally I don’t think replacing Lukaku was extremely difficult (it wasn’t easy, but not impossible), I think we as a club made serious errors. Big difference IMO.

We didn’t have one as good for 20/30 years before and he won’t be replaced properly within the next 10 either. I didn’t even like him either but goals wise Richarlison and DCL don’t come close.

Status
Not open for further replies.