Transfer Rumour Gabriel (Lille)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not fussed as long as we get good signings in the priority positions. Centre back not essential.

Did want to see organisation this summer though so hopefully we see movement soon. We have to really. Can't afford the usual deadline day nonsense.

But if that’s who they wanted then surely you try and get it done ASAP. We will now probably buy our 2nd or 3rd choice. For maybe just slightly less Than what Lille wanted.

We will see it’s not been confirmed he’s Arsenal bound yet . And I still find it strange them buying him with all the centre backs they have

Well we had the deal agreed in March mate I believe. I can't blame the club for wanting to tweak the terms following an unprecedented situation which has hit the football industry hard.

Would you rather us have been furloughing staff, making redundancies etc, or trying to tweak terms of a multi-million pound deal (which was probably just something like making payments over a longer period rather than not paying the fee initially agreed).

I know it's not as cut and dry as that, of course, and as you say we don't know for sure yet. So let's just wait and see.

This whole thing has reminded me very much of Mina. There were reports he was off to every club under the sun but in the end he was only ever coming to us. Not saying that's the case here, btw, there does seem to be a lot of interest, but it is what it is.

Well we had the deal agreed in March mate I believe. I can't blame the club for wanting to tweak the terms following an unprecedented situation which has hit the football industry hard.

Would you rather us have been furloughing staff, making redundancies etc, or trying to tweak terms of a multi-million pound deal (which was probably just something like making payments over a longer period rather than not paying the fee initially agreed).

I know it's not as cut and dry as that, of course, and as you say we don't know for sure yet. So let's just wait and see.

This whole thing has reminded me very much of Mina. There were reports he was off to every club under the sun but in the end he was only ever coming to us. Not saying that's the case here, btw, there does seem to be a lot of interest, but it is what it is.

I'm kind of glad if we tried to renegotiate after all our shambolic signings recently.

I just wish we had overpaid on actual good players. Now we're gonna be forced to be cautious but that means we'll miss out on good players. Its a bit of a vicous circle.

We still need to get this summer right. If Brands doesn't deliver for Ancelotti then we may as well give up.

not the end of the world if he doesn’t sign. Still think CM and RB are very much the areas we need to strengthen to make the team more competitive. Gabriel could be the best CB in the world and he’d still struggle with our midfield in front of him.

Nobody’s seen him play yet everyone’s fuming

giphy.gif

Don’t start, I tried this this morning and everyone kicked off.

Status
Not open for further replies.