Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not unthinkable that a Brazilian player thinking of making the move to Europe might prefer the cultural ties with Portugal and the Champions League football on offer over a mid-table club that hasn't won a pot in 25 years.

....I’d think salary on offer would be the key to any move and there’s not many clubs who can compete with the wealth of the PL. It’s not only the player who is setting himself up for supreme riches, it’s also his representatives.

Some German guy I know jokes about him only turning up against Bayern. If he's that much of a "big" game player, do you think he'd be worthwhile to us? Sounds to me like he has a consistency issue.

Never heard of the player, but signing one that only turned up in the big games would be a plus. Could rest him against Brighton.

It's not unthinkable that a Brazilian player thinking of making the move to Europe might prefer the cultural ties with Portugal and the Champions League football on offer over a mid-table club that hasn't won a pot in 25 years.

Maybe when they're around 19 or 20, this lad is 24, time is not on his side football wise

Lmao like we'd want a winger we'd need to wait another week to go scout.

fwiw, if this is about Bailey, I believe we've been scouting him for quite a while.

Not that it's any inside info or anything (not indexing myself) but we've had scouts at plenty of Leverkusen games and before lockdown there was talk of our interest in Bailey.

Maybe when they're around 19 or 20, this lad is 24, time is not on his side football wise

24 isn't old, even in 'footballing terms', ffs.

A wide player normally peaks between 26 and 29/30.

1-2 seasons in Portugal to then progress onto a better league makes a lot of sense tbh.

24 isn't old, even in 'footballing terms', ffs.

A wide player normally peaks between 26 and 29/30.

1-2 seasons in Portugal to then progress onto a better league makes a lot of sense tbh.

No its not old but hardly any of the really decent players leave Brazil that late

Status
Not open for further replies.