2019/20 Gylfi Sigurdsson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad feeling we won't be able to shift him. Carlo inexplicably seems to like him. He has to be a sub at best if he has to stay. We can't carry him anymore.

Bad feeling we won't be able to shift him. Carlo inexplicably seems to like him. He has to be a sub at best if he has to stay. We can't carry him anymore.
Maybe Sigurdsson told Carlo an tearful and emotional Icelandic saga of how sorry he is for not being at his best and he'll be a completely different player next season.

Siggy probably went on to tell Carlo that he just needs a 6 weeks in the Seychelles sun sipping margaritas, to relieve his stress levels and then come back with the Gattuso's ferocious tackling while mixed with Pirlo's offensive creativity.

This made Carlo sigh and put a smile on Carlo's face, no doubt. Carlo then said "My problems are solved, the search for a new midfielder is over!" and give him a manly hug.

Granted he's had an awful season and we'd all like to see him gone but he is capable of getting 10+ goals, or at least he was. I think he has more to offer than Iwobi, Davies and Bernard, which isn't saying much, but I'd prioritise making sure they're not on the field before him.

Unfortunately some of these undesirables are going to remain at the club and in Sigurdsson's case he can produce a bit of magic to win a football match.

Granted he's had an awful season and we'd all like to see him gone but he is capable of getting 10+ goals, or at least he was. I think he has more to offer than Iwobi, Davies and Bernard, which isn't saying much, but I'd prioritise making sure they're not on the field before him.

Unfortunately some of these undesirables are going to remain at the club and in Sigurdsson's case he can produce a bit of magic to win a football match.

He hasn’t done that since October 2018. He’s done it about twice since he joined the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.