Where and when did it all start going awry for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dario Terracotta

Player Valuation: £70m
Tossing and turning,oooeeerrrrr Missus lol last night trying to get some shuteye, got thinking about when we were ace, up to 1987,it would be easy to blame very mitigating factors such as Heysel,the ban,Howard leaving for European football in Spain,but was there an exact moment when you thought, oh hell I think we are on the slide?,which barring a few fleeting glimpses of glory we have been in this state of flux ever since really, for me,the following season 87-88,Harveys first,we won the Charity Shield,we were pretty much in contention for most of the season ending up a disappointing fourth(how times change eh?!!)lost to the other lot at home in the fifth round of the cup at Goodison,but the game I identify with was the League Cup Semi v Arsenal,they were no great shakes(Hello Perry Groveslol) but we lost 1-0 at home first leg,Tricky Trev blazed a penalty over at 0-0 I think, but we were poor that day, really poor, flat even, the team just didn't show up, it was very disconcerting on the day, we traipsed down to Highbury for the second leg, still believing we could turn the tie around..............we were even worse,a total no-show,3-1 on the night,we got off lightly,I remember coming away thinking we had a hell of a lot of work to do to recover lost ground, we tried in the Cottee,McCall,Nevin summer but the glory days by then were behind us, who knows if we had turned up against Arsenal and got through and won that pot?maybe we may have reigned a little longer?Definately a watershed tie for us I think.

i think u can trace it back to when the internet started and the everton buddies starting thinking they were important.

Status
Not open for further replies.