2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that I mentioned West Ham out of sheer entertainment value.

No place have I written or meant that West Ham have been better than Everton or that Moyes have been better than Carlo. But for now,in 2020, Carlo is a dinosaur compared to Moyes. That does not mean Moyes is cutting edge.

When it comes to style, anything goes when the results are great. I would have loved to a see a manager such as Diego Simeone have success with Everton. But a manager with Simeone-style football and mid-table results is a Tony Pulis. If Carlo wants to stick with his formation and tactics, he needs to be more Simeone and less Pulis.
You see this is the thing. Ancelotti has said over and over that he likes to be pragmatic and likes to adjust the system. To my knowledge he’s played 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2 since he’s been here.

Whilst at Chelsea he did EXACTLY the same. Adapted.

At real he tended toward a 4-3-3

He’s pragmatic. Which I like about him a lot.

You know what he’s done with us? Tightened up the defence. Because that’s where you start. You work on defensive cohesion and organisation and then build from there. the rest will come with the right players and a continually evolving system.

So I think it’s unfair to say that he’s a dinosaur, particular against someone like moyes. moyes has never ever been close to even being in that stratosphere.

to say he’s a 4-4-2 manager and out of touch is completely misunderstanding him as a manager. He’s been successful with 442. But he’s won plenty using other systems.

Yes I think there's a chance that might happen. But that might not be the end of the world; I've not seen anything that Davide could do that Duncan couldn't for example. Or we might bring another new coach through under his (rather expensive) tutelage.

And what evidence have you got for this like?

What are you seeing or 'not seeing'? Are you at Finch Farm every day with the boys?

Very weird unsubstantiated vendetta that you've got going on here

Yes I think there's a chance that might happen. But that might not be the end of the world; I've not seen anything that Davide could do that Duncan couldn't for example. Or we might bring another new coach through under his (rather expensive) tutelage.
Think Davide has looked after our attacking set pieces this year which has been one of our success stories

You've done it again here. That's not the league table is it mate , it is a form table.

If we got 40 points from 20 games (rather than 30) we'd have finished on 57 points.

I have literally said it over and over.

You said question should be asked on Carlo because he got 30. 40 you class as a good return. What I am saying is your expectation is madness at this point because if somehow Carlo got 40 from those games we would be 4th based on those 20 games. And that’s what the initial argument with caliblue was all about.

You see I am not quite at "sack".

I am thinking "we must ask questions".

But that says to me that Carlo actively wants Gylfi to stay. And for me, I question this a lot.

I am more than happy to ask questions of a manager that voluntarily continues to play Gylfi Sigurdsson. I’m not just memeing either, that is genuinely a very big worry. Let’s hope it isn’t true.

Think Davide has looked after our attacking set pieces this year which has been one of our success stories

He is apparently the fella in charge of attacking and defending set pieces.

We've undoubtedly improved in both of those aspects since he was here.

But according to some hes useless and its just 'jobs for the boys' based on absolutely no evidence....

You said question should be asked on Carlo because he got 30. 40 you class as a good return. What I am saying is your expectation is madness at this point because if somehow Carlo got 40 from those games we would be 4th based on those 20 games. And that’s what the initial argument with caliblue was all about.

No, you were rude and abusive because you mistakenly kept using a form table instead of a league table. Apologise please.

So what we saying lads?

7FC35357-8BE8-4B7F-BD76-0454C5EEE025.jpeg

I would expect every manager, as part of their remit, to improve results by improving players on an individual basis, and collectively through the organisation of the team.

That's going to be limited with what Ancelotti has to work with but I wouldn't see him as dismissing that element of the job, not at all.

He may be able to get more from some of the current crop simply by having new and better players alongside them.

My main concern though is the stinking attitude that runs right through the squad.

Perhaps its naive to suggest that the present players would want to give more for a manager who has won everything, but more often than not we didn't see that at all.

Ancelotti, to his credit, has called this out in as diplomatic a way as he can.

But we desperately need a big dose of leadership and guts on the pitch at this club. We need quality to go with it clearly, but we are going nowhere unless we can get players in who are hungry and motivated.

We do not have the luxury of fancy-dan trick merchants.

You see this is the thing. Ancelotti has said over and over that he likes to be pragmatic and likes to adjust the system. To my knowledge he’s played 3-5-2, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-1-2 since he’s been here.

Whilst at Chelsea he did EXACTLY the same. Adapted.

At real he tended toward a 4-3-3

He’s pragmatic. Which I like about him a lot.

You know what he’s done with us? Tightened up the defence. Because that’s where you start. You work on defensive cohesion and organisation and then build from there. the rest will come with the right players and a continually evolving system.

So I think it’s unfair to say that he’s a dinosaur, particular against someone like moyes. moyes has never ever been close to even being in that stratosphere.

to say he’s a 4-4-2 manager and out of touch is completely misunderstanding him as a manager. He’s been successful with 442. But he’s won plenty using other systems.
I do know that he has tested several formation. Some from start, while other formations have been used during games.

That is fine. But is does not excuse sticking to 4-4-2 when it obviously is not working and without having a single midfielder fit for the formation.

I thought is was great and really impressive when he as a Napoli coach closed shop and stopped Liverpool from having a shot on target. The last Merseyside derby was possibly even more impressing.

But I can't praise Carlo for that and close my eyes to how Liverpool's kids overran our midfield in the cup and he had no reply. It was his midfield that made an unknown 18 year old on the Chelsea midfield look like a Ballon d'Or winner. When he keeps picking players out of position and give them a numeric disadvantage on the middle of the pitch, players can't win. They get mugged off for his poor management.

During Silvas time as Everton manager it often looked OK when it was 0-0 or Everton were in front. It was a car crash when they were chasing games. That was the one thing that had to improve under a new manager. What had to be prioritized. I don't think it has. It might even have become worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.