New Everton Stadium Discussion

Those nice Tory boys, more or less abolishing Planning Regulations in order to hasten building projects such as housing, schools and hospitals. I looked closely for the section on new football stadia, but they'd obviously mistakingly omitted ours.

Mate there is absolutely zero chance of our stadium not getting approval. It's now just a question of how much government money we can access for the build.

Can’t wait to see this start, that dock road will be so busy loads of blues taking regular trips to see a new dawn start.

Not been scared on planning for this at all, only worry was stadium funding.

Too many people to get rich off this for it to fail.

Good point. When people get rich things get going!.

Have they secured the funding? I've heard nothing about that for a long time now.

If this is going to make 'too many people rich' then why are people scared about funding?

There's a lot of joining imaginary dots around BMD and LW but let's not join them for once. Only one person will make money from BMD and that will be Mosh when he sells on a better asset than he aquired.

Of course, it may be the case that he and others may be deep into LW regeneration but currently there's nothing to suggest so. I think a more balanced view is required, this city's track record of attracting jobs and investment isn't the greatest.

Heard it might sink???
What makes you think it will sink ???
If you knew the history of Liverpool you would be aware that the Pier Head ....
Liver Building , Cunard Building and Port of Liverpool Building all stand on the site of the George's Dock (filled in 1899-1900)
They have most certainly stood the test of time , much to the dismay of the RS arsonists in respect of our rock solid Headquarters .