Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by your comma's I think you intended to say put a shift in then started adding to the list and stopped before it got out of hand, so I will add goals to this long list.
Feel free to add some more - didn't want to depress myself. I just live in hope that we actually do something about it. Time will tell!

That's a great idea and all but what big name striker is joining 12th placed Everton?
You are right to be fair, but id settle for one that can score goals with clean shots without mishitting them and falling over.

hello buddies one thousand and four pages of u cycle jerking over guys u pretend to know anything about while the everton have not signed a single soul. well done guys.
buddy can u name me ur #1 signing u would like and also ur biggest foe on grandoldteam.com please and thank u.

My dream signing would be Niels Nkounkou.

Just as Jarrad Branthwaite was my ideal signing in January.

Two defenders 'monitored' by Ancelotti since they put on their first pair of football boots.

I really want us to go and buy a big name striker. If you look at the top clubs and their fire power how can we compete?.
Great in theory. But firstly you need a quality midfield to give forwards those chances. Secondly you need serious money and without European football, they wouldn’t come to us. We need to hope Richarlison continues to excel and DCL and Kean continue to improve.
We had 2 strikers each score 15 goals for the 1st time since the 80's, neither of whom scored any pens (not that we had any) and the understudy is an Italian international we signed from Juventus. All 3 of them are 23 or under.

I'd say its probably the 1 area of the squad we are actually strong in.

Only way I'd go for another striker is if it's a young prospect like Gelhardt or an experienced back up if we manage to get rid of Tosun. If still love to bring in Ibrahimovic for a season, but probably unlikely.

The links with King are confusing, unless they are looking at him as a utility player who can play several positions.
That's a great idea and all but what big name striker is joining 12th placed Everton?
You are right to be fair, but id settle for one that can score goals with clean shots without mishitting them and falling over.

CF: DCL
CF: Richarlison
LB: Digne
CB: Holgate

Weve currently got 4 starters in the whole squad.

Id prefer us to get to 11 starters before we strengthen those positions.

If we sort defence and midfield then goals could come from all over the pitch.

My dream signing would be Niels Nkounkou.

Just as Jarrad Branthwaite was my ideal signing in January.

Two defenders 'monitored' by Ancelotti since they put on their first pair of football boots.
I still think it is comical that people believe Ancelotti was involved in the Branthwaite signing. He signed three weeks after Ancelotti was appointed. In those 3 weeks we played 5 first team matches. But sure Ancelotti who had been in Italy was scouting a kid from Carlisle and walked in and said we have to sign him and Brands went out and did it immediately.

Reality is probably that Branthwaite was scouted and approved long before Ancelotti was appointed and at best he was given a few clips just to give a thumbs up to. But that may not have even happened because he was signed as a u23 player who wasn't of concern to Carlo at the exact moment.

Point is: Brands does the signings.

hello buddies one thousand and four pages of u cycle jerking get some fresh air and let ur neighbors know ur alive buddies. over guys u pretend to know anything about while the everton have not signed a single soul. well done guys.

@the sniderman Doesn't exactly roll off the tongue that.

I still think it is comical that people believe Ancelotti was involved in the Branthwaite signing. He signed three weeks after Ancelotti was appointed. In those 3 weeks we played 5 first team matches. But sure Ancelotti who had been in Italy was scouting a kid from Carlisle and walked in and said we have to sign him and Brands went out and did it immediately.

Reality is probably that Branthwaite was scouted and approved long before Ancelotti was appointed and at best he was given a few clips just to give a thumbs up to. But that may not have even happened because he was signed as a u23 player who wasn't of concern to Carlo at the exact moment.

Point is: Brands does the signings.

There is no doubt Branthwaite is here due to Brands. Young players need developmental plans, convincing to uproot their parents often, analysis on their expected growth height and weight wise.

No way Carlo picked him out of lower leagues within days of coming, or had intelligence on all of Napoli’s potential targets, but only chose Branthwaite.

I don’t think Ancelotti has ever worked without a director of football!

Really think King is the wrong Cherry. I know lots of folks don’t like going after relegated players, but David Brooks would be a nice player for the right side.

I find it a bit mad that people wouldn’t be all over Longstaff. It’d be literally nothing but profit. Either he comes good and is free or else we sell him on for a few million in a few years in more that we’d spend on his wages. It’s a no lose situation in a position we’re desperate in. Also it’s incredibly harsh to be commenting on how he looks, it’s bad form. He’s a footballer not a model.

I find it a bit mad that people wouldn’t be all over Longstaff. It’d be literally nothing but profit. Either he comes good and is free or else we sell him on for a few million in a few years in more that we’d spend on his wages. It’s a no lose situation in a position we’re desperate in. Also it’s incredibly harsh to be commenting on how he looks, it’s bad form. He’s a footballer not a model.

Agreed mate, I apologise.

There is no doubt Branthwaite is here due to Brands. Young players need developmental plans, convincing to uproot their parents often, analysis on their expected growth height and weight wise.

No way Carlo picked him out of lower leagues within days of coming, or had intelligence on all of Napoli’s potential targets, but only chose Branthwaite.

I don’t think Ancelotti has ever worked without a director of football!
I thought he had. I know Bayern have used one for a long time now so I'm almost certain he would have there at a minimum.

Status
Not open for further replies.