2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Legends are usually players that have won the silver shiny stuff, whatever your opinions on Baines are,I thought he was an excellent full back and servant for us, in my eyes as an all round player personally he is behind Van den Hauwe(Legend),but I understand people thinking he was a better player than Pat as he assisted and scored some spectacular strikes, but the crux of it is legend status, now I don't think you could ever not call Dave Hickson or Latch Everton legends even though they never won a trophy with us, both contributed massively to our club,(Dave in particular in my old mans words, dragging us out of the second division on his own back!!) for me Bainsey is not quite there with those guys, maybe not his fault as his position was left back!!but I respect anyone who feels he is a legend :)

One of the best British players I ever saw.possibly the best.played his whole career with one club and represented England on numerous occasions but never won anything, except a losing FA cup medal, Tom Finney, an absolute legend to thousands of football supporters and not just PNE fans. You don’t have to win honours to be a legend.
That's as maybe, but you're surely not comparing a proper legend like Finney with Baines?!?!

He was player of the year x2 and possessed of skills that were clearly greater than the vast majority of his fellow pros.

That's as maybe, but you're surely not comparing a proper legend like Finney with Baines?!?!

He was player of the year x2 and possessed of skills that were clearly greater than the vast majority of his fellow pros.
I’m just stating you don’t have to win anything to be a legend, on the other hand didn’t Pointon win honours at Everton, can’t think of his first name but he was often called Dissa by Everton fans.

Mick was a personal favourite of mine. He'd have given his right arm to win a trophy with us. However, you have to be objective when you use the term legend.

Baines will forever be a legend for the way he got rid of Martinez.

He opened up everybody's eyes to what an utter fraud he is.

But he didn't get him sacked, Martinez got himself sacked by being the worst manager in our recent history.

Baines will forever be a legend for the way he got rid of Martinez.

He opened up everybody's eyes to what an utter fraud he is.

But he didn't get him sacked, Martinez got himself sacked by being the worst manager in our recent history.
It's all Baines will be known for, tbf.

I'd rather he was known as "One Of Our Trophy Winners" than "One Of Us".

Status
Not open for further replies.