Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should keep Mina. Injuries apart he’s been good. Keane has been brilliant since the restart. Not sure why Everton fans can’t understand it’s a squad game and injuries happen, would be good to have those two in addition to Gabriel, branthwaite and Holgate.
Like I’ve just mentioned we will have probably the 2 defenders on the highest wages sitting on the bench. And Keane has 2yrs left on his contract so we are at a crossroads with him.

If we can sell one ( Keane for me) and get Gabriel for similar money, it’s a win win.

And with FFP and who knows how it will really affect us. Getting in 20mil could be massive

I'd go along with if a CB had to go it has to be Mina. Seems to be injury prone and hasnt really produced any great form for us. If we can get near to what we paid for him that would be great

Like I’ve just mentioned we will have probably the 2 defenders on the highest wages sitting on the bench. And Keane has 2yrs left on his contract so we are at a crossroads with him.

If we can sell one ( Keane for me) and get Gabriel for similar money, it’s a win win.

And with FFP and who knows how it will really affect us. Getting in 20mil could be massive
Agree but think we could get around 30 for Keane, England International and homegrown quota and he's actually played well since restart. Mina Gabriel would be a powerful pairing with Mason playing further forward next season maybe why brands said 1 incoming cm.

People are seriously overrating Michael Keane. He’s ok deep lying and when he doesn’t have any responsibility on the ball. In any other scenario he’s absolutely terrible. He’s got no pace, turns slowly, is ponderous, terrible on the ball, and frequently misjudges long balls if he plays a high line. A few games of doing the bare minimum expected of a premier league standard centreback and people are raving about him. He cost 30 million! Stones, Holgate, Lescott could all bring the ball out of defence and play off either foot brilliantly yet Michael Keane is getting praise for heading some crosses away and not getting injured. Amazing.

I'd sell Keane before Minà
It's a very close call and personal choice. Don't think there is much between them. Mina has had a season disrupted by injuries so not played much. Keane is very limited with no pace. But he did play well in the lockdown games. For me if we have to lose one it's Mina for others Keane. I wouldn't.be bothered either way which tells you that I haven't been impressed much by either player

People are seriously overrating Michael Keane. He’s ok deep lying and when he doesn’t have any responsibility on the ball. In any other scenario he’s absolutely terrible. He’s got no pace, turns slowly, is ponderous, terrible on the ball, and frequently misjudges long balls if he plays a high line. A few games of doing the bare minimum expected of a premier league standard centreback and people are raving about him. He cost 30 million! Stones, Holgate, Lescott could all bring the ball out of defence and play off either foot brilliantly yet Michael Keane is getting praise for heading some crosses away and not getting injured. Amazing.

I prefer my defenders to defend first and fanny about later. Playing out from the back is overrated and we over complicate it. A competent level of distribution is needed and transition, but defend first, it doesn’t need huge levels of technical ability. After Martínez, Silva I think playing out from the back isn’t the effective approach people like to think it is. In fact it’s becoming out dated with the high press, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.