2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the point of the photo? It’s not aesthetically pleasing in the least, so why take it unless to show off? Sorry you’re reaching a bit here.

It could be a sponsorship thing. I know they are meant to put 'AD' but many still do not.

Edit: I've just seen how many follows he has, didn't not expect over a million lol

It probably shows that his Instagram is not really football focussed.

It could be a sponsorship thing. I know they are meant to put 'AD' but many still do not.

Edit: I've just seen how many follows he has, didn't not expect over a million lol

It seems more of a corporate photo to me honestly as you said, so people are probably reaching. He can do him though either way. People need to quit over analyzing these things. For the sake of their sanity

It probably like most people. When you post stuff you are actually only thinking of a few people who will be impressed. You forget the hundreds of randoms that follow you too...
There Wd be plenty of wannabe wags that would be impressed by roller and private jet.
I didn't think about the pulling potential of social media. Fair dues. Now, where can I rent a Bentley!

Funny that. Neither are his feet.
Im just off to see if anichebe has instagram.

Everton ‘fans’ trying to take the moral high ground by having a go at other Everton fans are pathetic.

Rather back a player who is part of the problem at the club by taking a huge wage for very little contribution and then wondering why we’re never successful.

Some who have popped up in the past 24 hours on this you'd almost think iwobi's performances hadnt been criticised and its now only because he is black and its about this instagram nonsense.
Funny how the criticism before the bling thing wasnt pulled up as him being black.
Pitiful bandwagging.

Isn't Dom mixed race? Kean gets a decent amount too.

Davies is saving a lot of posters but there are a few 'i'm not racist, my mates black' vibes with that too.

Still, the fact people have a problem with what these people do outside of work is very weird.
My opinion only like but this forum shows how far football has to go with regards to racial stereotypes and trying to recognize them and avoid them.

A lot of people seem to have a problem with the private life of black players.

I think this is generally true, and we have to accept it. BUT it's not the case with us - Everton fans. Sadly we give stick to all of our players, regardless of race. I don't think, e.g. Walcott, DCL, Iwobi have got any more than Davies, Keane and Siggy, for instance.

This is a different story though which I think is bad. Yes it doesn't look good to post luxurious, expensive stories on social media when most fans are either stuck at home, not doing too well this year financially, and a lot of evidence suggests they couldn't really be arsed with fighting for Everton this year. It just looks better if you maybe post later. However, one thing I always don't like about our fans is that we don't seem to ever support our players unconditionally. Why can't we just support a player just cos they're ours, and then leave it to the manager to decide about them? We're not deciding whether they play or not!?

I think this is generally true, and we have to accept it. BUT it's not the case with us - Everton fans. Sadly we give stick to all of our players, regardless of race. I don't think, e.g. Walcott, DCL, Iwobi have got any more than Davies, Keane and Siggy, for instance.

This is a different story though which I think is bad. Yes it doesn't look good to post luxurious, expensive stories on social media when most fans are either stuck at home, not doing too well this year financially, and a lot of evidence suggests they couldn't really be arsed with fighting for Everton this year. It just looks better if you maybe post later. However, one thing I always don't like about our fans is that we don't seem to ever support our players unconditionally. Why can't we just support a player just cos they're ours, and then leave it to the manager to decide about them? We're not deciding whether they play or not!?

The players get too comfortable and the standards would probably slip further than they already have. I honestly think as a fan base and club we are far too accepting of mediocrity. If Hodgson had become our manager he´d have been with us for 5 years and if Konchesky had signed for us he´d have got well over 100 appearances. The idea that backing the team unconditionally improves results isn´t really borne out when you look at the league table every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.