2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never understand why established players run their own social media accounts. I get that they can earn a good chunk from it so I understand them having them but the people who really monetise their socials have managers who carefully curate them to max out their earnings. What I don't get is public accounts that don't seem to have any upside for the players. They're already rich and famous, there is only a downside surely? If it's about messing about with your mates, why not set it to private? People get cross over everything at the moment, if you put something out publicly you are tacitly approving commentary from the public.

I don't care about Iwobi's lifestyle or what he posts on social media. I do care about what he does on a pitch for Everton and that is a whole lot of nothing. He's rubbish, he can do one, but not because he spends his money on a load of old rubbish, he needs to go because he's crap.

Kean? DCL?

Sig appears to use Instagram a lot, never mentioned.

With Davies; 'what are you wearing' is different completely different with the he shouldn't be enjoying these luxuries here.
Ah yeah sorry, Kean who broke lockdown rules by having a party and getting bollocked off the club.
You're right, people weren't happy with that.

You think Siggy doesn't get grief HAHAHAHAHA.

Did Schniderlin not either?

Go home mate, get your head down for a bit.

Ah yeah sorry, Kean who broke lockdown rules by having a party and getting bollocked off the club.
You're right, people weren't happy with that.

You think Siggy doesn't get grief HAHAHAHAHA.

Did Schniderlin not either?

Go home mate, get your head down for a bit.

On his presence on social media, not his footballing form.

I was talking about Kean getting an expensive watch. Have a look at the thread.

Isn't Dom mixed race? Kean gets a decent amount too.

Davies is saving a lot of posters but there are a few 'i'm not racist, my mates black' vibes with that too.

Still, the fact people have a problem with what these people do outside of work is very weird.

People have a problem with it because we essentially pay their wages

Kean? DCL?

Sig appears to use Instagram a lot, never mentioned.

With Davies; 'what are you wearing' is different completely different with the he shouldn't be enjoying these luxuries here.
Sig actually takes some good photos of places he has been and experienced. Iwobi is just flaunting his wealth (which is fine by me honestly).

I never understand why established players run their own social media accounts. I get that they can earn a good chunk from it so I understand them having them but the people who really monetise their socials have managers who carefully curate them to max out their earnings. What I don't get is public accounts that don't seem to have any upside for the players. They're already rich and famous, there is only a downside surely? If it's about messing about with your mates, why not set it to private? People get cross over everything at the moment, if you put something out publicly you are tacitly approving commentary from the public.

I don't care about Iwobi's lifestyle or what he posts on social media. I do care about what he does on a pitch for Everton and that is a whole lot of nothing. He's rubbish, he can do one, but not because he spends his money on a load of old rubbish, he needs to go because he's crap.

It probably like most people. When you post stuff you are actually only thinking of a few people who will be impressed. You forget the hundreds of randoms that follow you too...
There Wd be plenty of wannabe wags that would be impressed by roller and private jet.

People have a problem with it because we essentially pay their wages

Does that genuinely bother you?

I don't know how much a season ticket is, or if you have one, but say 600. Which will also go towards the ground, admin etc.

The wages are relevant to the amount of sponsorship, directly or indirectly, that a player brings. TV rights, shirt sale, international coverage.

The fans don't really pay much towards the wages of a footballer.

Funny that mate as Richarlison who’s also mixed race is loved on his social media account on everything he does. Why? Because he’s level headed doesn’t believe in his own hype or think he’s mr flash. It’s got nothing to do with race. The anger is more the fact he’s had a crap season with us and people feel he’s got a cheek showing off his flashy life style when they believe he’s done nothing to earn it. Obviously he’s entitled to post what he wants and live his life as he wants but if he wants to openly put them pictures on his non private social media account he’s also open to criticism.

The fume had Sigurdsson posted something like this would be 10 times worse I’d say.

Does that genuinely bother you?

I don't know how much a season ticket is, or if you have one, but say 600. Which will also go towards the ground, admin etc.

The wages are relevant to the amount of sponsorship, directly or indirectly, that a player brings. TV rights, shirt sale, international coverage.

The fans don't really pay much towards the wages of a footballer.

It bothers me in the way that I feel Everton players should represent my club in a particular way - and flaunting their massive wealth doesn't sit particularly well with me

I guess i'm an old fart but I prefer humble, hard working people to materialistic, showy individuals - and that applies to all walks of life, not just footballers

It bothers me in the way that I feel Everton players should represent my club in a particular way - and flaunting their massive wealth doesn't sit particularly well with me

I guess i'm an old fart but I prefer humble, hard working people to materialistic, showy individuals - and that applies to all walks of life, not just footballers

That's major league football now though isn't it, even lower league.

I don't have Instagram and I don't follow footballers on Twitter so I don't really notice it, but until something to done about the wages (it's not the players fault how much they get paid), it will only get more and more common.

Status
Not open for further replies.