2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't an Everton thing though, this will be an issue at every single club. Players caring more about their socials than their pride at their work, work they do for a couple of hours a day.
Correct, he can do what he wants with his money, we all know they are multi millionaires, loads of them are ‘stealing’ a living if you like, I mean how much have we paid Gbamin for 2 games?? I don’t see the fume on him, but I do understand and I think it’s is tactless from Iwobi, others have mentioned the current climate people find themselves in. For me it’s the whole ‘take a picture of me’ culture that I don’t like anyway.

Correct, he can do what he wants with his money, we all know they are multi millionaires, loads of them are ‘stealing’ a living if you like, I mean how much have we paid Gbamin for 2 games?? I don’t see the fume on him, but I do understand and I think it’s is tactless from Iwobi, others have mentioned the current climate people find themselves in. For me it’s the whole ‘take a picture of me’ culture that I don’t like anyway.

Gbamin is a bad comparison as he's had a bad injury followed by another one, that isn't forseeable. I hate the whole 'pose' culture and instagram and all of it. As I say, i have no issues with him taking a nice holiday, spending his money, just as long as he puts a shift in on the pitch, that's all I ask. It isn't his fault Brands has signed someone who isn't up to the level, but as long as hes trying then I wont be massively on someones case.

And as you say, the current climate doesn't help it, just no awareness from him.

Gbamin is a bad comparison as he's had a bad injury followed by another one, that isn't forseeable. I hate the whole 'pose' culture and instagram and all of it. As I say, i have no issues with him taking a nice holiday, spending his money, just as long as he puts a shift in on the pitch, that's all I ask. It isn't his fault Brands has signed someone who isn't up to the level, but as long as hes trying then I wont be massively on someones case.

And as you say, the current climate doesn't help it, just no awareness from him.
Gbamin has still been paid many millions for doing nothing, granted he’s been injured, iwobi hasn’t been injured and got paid many millions. The difference is that Iwobi has been crap and Gbamin hasn’t had a chance, I get that, plus the things he’s posted, just tactless to me.

I still don’t get your point tho mate.

Of course he can buy / do what he wants. Nobody is saying he can’t.

But there is nothing wrong with people being turned off by him being a poser either.

He plays for the club that we all support and the majority of fans would rather players for our clubs were down to earth fellas rather than posers

Iwobi strikes me as being very down to earth whenever he does interviews, it kind of annoys me how crap he has been as he seems a decent bloke.

Choice is the big thing here. It always is. He can choose to post what he wants on social media, you can choose not to follow him. It's quite straightforward.

A lot of people seem to have a problem with the private life of black players.
Rubbish! The People on here hate ALL Everton players, not just the black ones and hate their public lives every bit as much as their private lives. In that sense we are possibly the most inclusive, non-biased fan group on the planet?

What would Roy Keane make of it? Given the season Iwobi has had, I think he would probably take a dim view of it.

There are a few things about Iwobi’s post that particularly annoy me.

Firstly, Everton is a humble working class club. There was absolutely nothing about Iwobi’s post that was humble. It was brash and tasteless. Pretty much the opposite of humble. If I think of some of the great Everton players in the past, players who actually won stuff, I can’t see any of them acting like that. Maybe he could get away with it at Arsenal with a history of champagne charlie nicholas, but not at Everton.

Secondly, he would probably get away with a post like that if he was one of our best players this season. But he has been absolutely crap since arriving.

Thirdly, forget his ability, can he be assed? Doesn’t come across that he does in matches. Pulling out of tackles, not looking bothered when he’s substituted.

Which then brings us to the final point. Everton are full of overpaid, crap players who the fans have absolutely no connection to. Actually forget “no connection”, we actually dislike them. They aren’t here to win, or because they are ambitious, they are here because they can pick up a fat wedge, a stupidly big wage, and nothing is expected of them. They aren’t expected to beat the big 6 away, win trophies. It’s Everton “what do you expect?”

So for a player, Everton is a great place to come. Pick up more money than any team will pay you, go through the motions, turn it on now and again and that’s the only thing expected.

And when the fans turn on them, because we’ve bought another fraud, there is nothing we can do. They sit there, quite happily on their big wages for 5 years, as we as a club go backwards.

So it’s for the above why brash Iwobi, who’s been useless all season, flaunting his wealth all over social media annoys me.

Status
Not open for further replies.