Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should bump the Zaha stuff, when its a few days left in the window and people are hitting refresh hoping for news of the Jessie Lingarrd deal.

Its how our window always is, high lofty aspirations the first week, and praying for Ryan Fraser the last week.

Wouldn't be the best of starts to the transfer window would it mate.

I know there are some on here who say there are no issues with him being 36 because he brings experience, will help out Holgate, Branthwaite, etc, etc, but it just wouldn't make sense to bring him in for me macca (if any of the rumours are true like) it would be a waste of wages.

We should bump the Zaha stuff, when its a few days left in the window and people are hitting refresh hoping for news of the Jessie Lingarrd deal.

Its how our window always is, high lofty aspirations the first week, and praying for Ryan Fraser the last week.

...not sure Zaha is a ‘lofty aspiration’, I’d put him in the same aspirational category as Lingard.

I’m gonna be in the minority here but I would take him for under 40m. I cannot stand watching Walcott and Bernard any longer, it will be impossible to be worse. That being said I’d rather we spunked all our money on 2 cm and a keeper.

Dont make the same mistake we did in Lukaku's final season - spending minimal on players like Bolasie & Enner Valencia

This time lets show ambition and spend big on some top players and convince Richy to stay
We and other teams have done this too often, bought a load of garbage on the cheap.
let’s get 2 top of the range instead, will make a world of difference.

I honestly dont get your argument mate - you're advocating signing top quality players but we haven't European football to attract them - you scoff at proven league players like Zaha and Ings then you scoff at glitzy foreign highly rated players like Everton Soares - what does the man want?

Ultimately we are gonna need 8-9 players before we can compete for the CL spots which isn't happening in 1x window - its gonna take us 2 summer windows to turn this squad around hence why next summer im just hoping we can aim for 6th/7th and Europe qualification / a good cup run.

If we sign 4-5 players like the following I would be happy:

CM: Allan
RW: Zaha
CB: Gabriel
RB: Emerson/Tete
GK: Romero/Sirigu - as serious competition to push/replace Pickford if needed.

That would be improvement in all 4-5 positions of the side.
Zaha is not a RW does all his work down the left.

Status
Not open for further replies.