2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don Carlo needs to start this lot on 'birra speciale'. Get Gylfi moving and turbo charge Tomy Davo into the new Milner.

;)

Ye the likes Henderson, lalana, milner, lovren and so on. They would flop like a fish at Everton and be chased out worst than sig and the others. there’s just something more going on than bad players at Everton. They are not motivated like them crap Liverpool players. Like couldn’t see them do well at Everton yet Instrumental champions league winners with them.

We'll need Ancelotti for more than 4 years in my opinion, so we have a long road ahead.

Just rebuild player by player and get continuous improvement in points totals and cup runs is all is I ask for in the medium-term.

I have thought for a long time that it will take one manager to reform us and another to build on that reform, to achieve something tangible and lasting.

Ancelotti will still only be in his mid-60s but if we get to the point where he has completed his contract and wants to extend it, we'll be in a good position I would think.

On the other hand, I don't think he'll stay in the job for an extended period if he feels he can't bring about real change here.

He has said he would like to stay long-term. I'm prepared to be patient as this is not a short-term fix.

It is but it is also a step the club must make.

I believe Brands has already said to not expect any big names.
I don't believe we were ever promised big names or expected them.

What we expect is that we continue to sign talented young players that will hopefully help us build the team we want.
We have signed Branthwaite, Nkonkou, Gbamin,Richarlison, Kean,Gibson and Iwobi in the last couple of years and hopefully most will develop into big players for us in time.
I am hoping we will add a couple more this summer.

We'll need Ancelotti for more than 4 years in my opinion, so we have a long road ahead.

Just rebuild player by player and get continuous improvement in points totals and cup runs is all is I ask for in the medium-term.

I have thought for a long time that it will take one manager to reform us and another to build on that reform, to achieve something tangible and lasting.

Ancelotti will still only be in his mid-60s but if we get to the point where he has completed his contract and wants to extend it, we'll be in a good position I would think.

On the other hand, I don't think he'll stay in the job for an extended period if he feels he can't bring about real change here.

He has said he would like to stay long-term. I'm prepared to be patient as this is not a short-term fix.

We have a world class manager in Carlo if he can’t do it no one else can nevermind those PL low tier managers as gamble which never work.

At no point were Liverpool ever as bad as we have been in the last few years, and they came within 2 points of winning the league the year before Klopp was appointed. “But dey finished 8th” isn’t an answer either, they still had players like Coutinho, Firmino and Milner, they weren’t starting from the ground up with a squad full of absolute bottom half dross like we are. And at the end of the day, they’re Liverpool so they always have a pull and ability to attract top class players. If you’re expecting us to follow the path of Liverpool in the next few years then I have severely disappointing news for you.
I’m not expecting anything from Everton in the near future because we are a rudderless ship with no direction.

But Wolves have came up from the Championship and cemented themselves as a Top 7 club.

Leicester went from bottom half to winning the league and then a few years later went from 9th to 5th.

It can be done. We just won’t do it.

So what’s this about a new loan we’ve taken out? Any of the resident experts know?

The was an accounting loss of 112m but a cash flow loss of 18m.
The figure mentioned is technically correct but shows they cannot read accounts. They have given a definitive opinion on our position based on an incorrect understanding.

Of course, I think we all must accept that every club has been hard hit financially in recent months and I think it obvious this will impact on the spending of all clubs.

I am not certain transfer fees will drop hugely in this window but will do so in subsequent windows when the full effect of the pandemic has washed through. The real financial impact of this pandemic isn't close to having it's full effect yet.

We have some of the most patient fans around. Still selling the ground out after the worst 25 years in the club’s history.

We have to start making huge steps. You only have to look at the huge steps Liverpool took under Klopp in a short space of time.
Klopp taking over at the RS was a hugely different proposition to the task Ancelotti faces with us.
Liverpool left us behind in the seventies with a period of domestic domination and European success we have never come close to emulating. They became one of the worlds elite clubs with all the advantages of recruitment and finance that confers. During their so-called barren spell between titles they were still European Champions twice plus a more than respectable haul of cups. When was the last time they finished lower than 8th?
Judging ourselves against our despicable neighbours is inevitable but in reality would we judge ourselves against Real Madrid?
By comparison we have bounced around the top league for well over 30years our few successes interspersed too often with lower table finishes and relegation dalliances.
If we are ever to match the RS it will take decades to achieve.
Klopp’s challenge when he arrived across the park is dwarfed by the Herculanean task facing Ancelotti here.
We need to be patient and circumspect in the coming seasons.

Klopp taking over at the RS was a hugely different proposition to the task Ancelotti faces with us.
Liverpool left us behind in the seventies with a period of domestic domination and European success we have never come close to emulating. They became one of the worlds elite clubs with all the advantages of recruitment and finance that confers. During their so-called barren spell between titles they were still European Champions twice plus a more than respectable haul of cups. When was the last time they finished lower than 8th?
Judging ourselves against our despicable neighbours is inevitable but in reality would we judge ourselves against Real Madrid?
By comparison we have bounced around the top league for well over 30years our few successes interspersed too often with lower table finishes and relegation dalliances.
If we are ever to match the RS it will take decades to achieve.
Klopp’s challenge when he arrived across the park is dwarfed by the Herculanean task facing Ancelotti here.
We need to be patient and circumspect in the coming seasons.

Right on the money with this post mate. Well said.

We have some of the most patient fans around. Still selling the ground out after the worst 25 years in the club’s history.

We have to start making huge steps. You only have to look at the huge steps Liverpool took under Klopp in a short space of time.

Ive said for a while non of the traditional big clubs fanbases would have put up with what we have these past 25 years.

Arsenal have won about 3 FA Cups this decade and play regular European football and are wanting their owner out!

Ive said for a while non of the traditional big clubs fanbases would have put up with what we have these past 25 years.

Arsenal have won about 3 FA Cups this decade and play regular European football and are wanting their owner out!
Too many fans wanting to have a go at other fans for wanting better for the club. Probably the ones who think Bill Kenwright was the best the club could get.

Our only chance at recovery now is getting the stadium built.

Spoiled brat syndrome springs to mind with clubs like Arsenal, especially when you see clubs like Bury and Wigan getting genuinely screwed over by owners

Status
Not open for further replies.