Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes built a pretty good team with relegated players (Jags, Lescott), players who’d been written off/loaned out by others (Arteta), Championship players (Cahill), smaller club guys (Baines, Johnson), big-club rejects (Howard, Neville, Distin), journeymen (Bent, Carsley), a few judicious Euro purchases from inferior standard leagues (Pienaar, Fellaini, Gravesen) & the academy (Osman, Hibbert, Anichebe). I think in this thread every single one of these approaches to team-building has been repeatedly criticised?!
Distin wasn’t a big club reject

I really like the Newcastle keeper Dúbravka. Not sure if he’d be available but every time I’ve seen him he’s impressed me

Someone just posted some stats in the Pickford thread and only that keeper has made more mistakes than Pickford this seasonlol

The game done changed

Moyes' best team would be deep in a relegation scrap these days
Don’t agree mate
Premiere league is very poor quality in my opinion
I think we would be fighting Europe no problem
We had a good team spirit
Man U were very strong at the time and would beat any team in this league easily

Well if we do we way as well write the beginning of the next season off again. It really is imperative we get signings in done and dusted so they can get their feet under the table early and adjust to their new surroundings and teams mates. Im not expecting us to have an outstanding season next season but if we want to try and achieve something we simply need to get off to a good start, Ancelotti emphasised this in his post match interview yesterday.

What we want to achieve next season is progress. That's there tangible signs of us moving in the right direction.

That's not a short term thing. We need our recruitment strategy to be about optimising funds to acquire layers for the long term. Not the 1st few weeks of a season when are absolute top aim will be qualification for the Europa League.

If it means waiting and getting the players you want at a reasonable price then that's what we should do. It probably won't mean waiting for every signing. It'll be a mix and match approach depending on other external factors.

In my opinion what we shouldn't be doing is panicking early doors in the window and throwing extra money at clubs and players due to some sort of perceived short term need for the 1st few games of the season.

Think as fans we should show some patience and trust in the club rather than demanding the club make signings asap.

Guys who are saying who will want x player never learn. You probably said this about bolasie and sandro for the last 3 years and we've still managed to get them clubs. You would have been expecting Schneiderlin to have been here another year wouldn't you?

Nobody thought we could sell klaasen or cleverley, but we did, we got decent fees too. Just because players look absolutely horrific with us, doesn't mean they'll look horrific in different clubs, teams will take that risk. Yes it'll be hard to shift some players, but i don't like this "who will be them" Outlook for every single one of our players.

Status
Not open for further replies.