2019/20 Leighton Baines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll miss ya Bainesy

1595855004121.png

A class act. His partnership with Piennar was a joy to watch. Just a pity at national level he was competing against arguably the best left back in the world - Ashley Cole - for a starting place. Great servant to the club. Good luck in the future Leighton.
Two of the best left backs in world football at the time. For me Baines shaded it as he was amazing going forward, Cole was only very good. Also, Baines was a far better defender than people gave him credit for. Someone else in the thread mentioned he could have played for any team in Europe and I agree, that's probably why Cole played more because of who he played for.

Leighton Baines choose the right time to stop playing but not because diminishing powers would tarnish his reputation but because playing with some of the crud we are putting on the field would tarnish his reputation.

A class act. His partnership with Piennar was a joy to watch. Just a pity at national level he was competing against arguably the best left back in the world - Ashley Cole - for a starting place. Great servant to the club. Good luck in the future Leighton.
Baines was better, Cole was at a bigger team, so got the nod.

Not many of Moyes boys left now!

The end of an era.... Feels like we've been bit by bit losing out identity as a club since Moyes left.... The passion, the characters, the personality, the fight....

Baines never won a trophy with us, neither did Cahill, Pienaar, Coleman, Jags, Arteta... But damn that team had passion and personality.... They didn't always handle the pressure of big games, but they put us in positions where we HAD big games, Cup finals, Cup semi finals, Top 4 deciders...

Baines is the best Left back we've had in my time, he'd have got into Kendall's title winning team.... As sweet a left foot as Sheedy... His partnership with Pienaar was a joy to watch...

Wish we could have won an FA Cup or League Cup with him and that team...

I look at the current players, and it saddens me....we've fallen badly, and I'm not talking about league position... Baines deserved to finish up in a better Everton team than he has...

Cheers for everything Bainsey, I live in hope to see more players like you grace our blue shirt, and please God soon...

Status
Not open for further replies.