Match Thread Everton v AFC Bournemouth - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was any other manager I'd be calling for his head with the performances that we have had to put up with after the restart.
However this IS Carlo Ancelotti one of the greatest ever managers and this bunch of misfits have let down a number of managers.
So the REAL problem lays with Walsh and Brands in recruiting such a bunch of losers.
We can only hope that Carlo still has the appetite and is given the time and funds to turn this around.
If not we are in very deep trouble.

....woeful but delighted with Kean. Looks like we have a new player. ’That’ll do me‘ moments today.
I thought this too. Was bothered when he was subbed off for Dom. Kean found himself in great positions today and didn't looked overwhelmed when turning on the ball. Tbf Sidibe's service from the right was rubbish when he came on and that affected Kean's throughput

I understand your opinion on not a revolution as you say we have tried it before but honestly if we are honest possibly only 3 out of that squad should possibly start next season.
I don’t see a youngster like Greenwood who looks a natural for the prem Stepping up at present how long will Carlo hang around to evolve with the majority of that squad and then we are back to square one with a new manager.
We need to bring in winners with the right mentality that can do a job for 2-3 seasons to try and fast forward the evolution.
Will only take 1 or 2 of the right players and shifting out 1 or 2 of the bad players and we be back towards the top.
It’s been a bad season, now the time to move forward

Cos you love them really.

You know something. When we finished 17th in 2004, after a season that made this one look quite decent, I loved the bones of most guys in that squad. I believed we could only get better, and by god we did.

Ferguson, Campbell, Kilbane, Martyn, Stubbs, Weir, Gravesen, Osman, Carsley.... these characters I could relate to. Losing hurt them as much as it hurt me. Did Martyn laugh after letting in a goal? Did Gravesen let games pass him by? No.

These mercenaries couldn't give a solitary toss about today's result, or just about any result attained since the end of Martinez' 1st season. With the exception of DCL, Holgate and Coleman (just on time spent) I just don't relate to any of them as people.

Hence they do not relate to the club as their divine duty. Who amongst them would "die" for the club? I probably will. Early. With all the stress they've caused I'll seriously be lucky to make 50.

And I don't get paid a penny - they do. And people wonder why I'm hoping to one day develop the mental fortitude to tear up the contract that is written in indelible ink on my DNA, on my very soul, that I must support this hopeless shower of useless reprobates for another minute of my pathetic, futile earthly life

I keep saying it... do you reckon Carlo signed a long term deal cos he was thrilled at the prospect of working with the likes of Morgan Schneiderlin? He knows the score. Hes always known the score.
I really hope you are correct ,hope the ongoing Covid issue and the stadium isn’t going to scupper the money available to him , it’s just the number of players I am disputing with fellow posters as some seem to think 3or 4 will have us pulling up trees next season.

I hope this is not the type of football we are going to suffer under Ancelotti, I can see a pattern of football developing under him at the moment. I know we have a crap lot of players but the way we are playing under him is pathetic, messing around in our own area ,slow as hell to get the ball away, dead slow in possession, unable to pass to our own players, sureley he has got to take a least some of the blame for this.

I hope there is a bit of realism amongst the fans now.
A lot seem to think we have some kind of right to be top 6 or 8, like Sheff Utd, Wolves or even Burnley have somehow fluked themselves above us. Them three teams have a system and a set of players that know there jobs in and out, we seem to be a mush mash if players and styles.

The big positive is that Brands will finally be under some pressure to deliver, we can’t go with what we’ve got, and we can’t buy for the future anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.