Confirmed Signing Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not worth anywhere near 40m

Possibly not, but if Carlo wants him, sees him as part of his transfer “evolution” and is willing to cough up that sort of money who are we to question it, or would you prefer another season of Davies, Gylfi and Delph in the middle?

I think we may be falling into the same old trap of buying players on reputation
If we sign him and he’s as good as he looks then great (our midfield is horrendous)
But I wish we would look down the leagues a bit more
Branthwaite is a good example
We have no legs on midfield and it shows
Good young players will run all day (obviously need ability with it)
When I see the highlights from lower league football players are scoring long range shots from all over the place. I know the keepers are not as good like.
Our players don’t even try this
If we get him and Carlo wants him who are we to argue I suppose.

People have to remember if Allan fits the 442 like a glove he's worth every penny.

Brazil national team play 433 maybe thats why he doesnt get much international game?

Either way I think he'll do well here - sack Hojbjerg off if he thinks he's better than us and try find Allan a good enough defensive midfield partner.

I think we may be falling into the same old trap of buying players on reputation
If we sign him and he’s as good as he looks then great (our midfield is horrendous)
But I wish we would look down the leagues a bit more
Branthwaite is a good example
We have no legs on midfield and it shows
Good young players will run all day (obviously need ability with it)
When I see the highlights from lower league football players are scoring long range shots from all over the place. I know the keepers are not as good like.
Our players don’t even try this
If we get him and Carlo wants him who are we to argue I suppose.

I think the fact the CA sees daily what we lack In midfield and has seen daily what Allan can provide In midfield makes it a safe option for short / medium term progress imho .... expensive yes but my money no so don’t care about sell values etc

Status
Not open for further replies.