Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morning: Everton offers 38 million for Allan, operation close
The distance is now minimal: a couple of millions dance. For some time the Brazilian has an agreement with Ancelotti for a three-year period at 4.7 million per season

The distance is now minimal: a couple of millions dance. For some time the Brazilian has an agreement with Ancelotti for a three-year period at 4.7 million per season

€38m? Doubt we will pay a lot upfront since the guy is 29 although he is a fantastic player.

We need a full clearout of the dross :

Sigurdsson
Delph
Sandro
Walcott
Iwobi
Tosun
Bolasie
Keane
Kean
Bernard (loved him when he was delivering, but he’s gone).

That’s our problem. Ten players on big contracts who either don’t play or offer nothing when they do.
None of the above would be missed.

7 in of Carlo’s choice.
2 x CM
CB
RB
RW
CF
GK

For the moment, Delph, Sandro, Tosun, Bernard, Bešić, Dowell, Bolasie, Baningime, Adeniran, Pennington.

If we aren’t loaning a rb then Kenny stays.

Ffp has to be taken into consideration and the overhaul cannot be done in one summer.

Considering how financially beggared we are, I think a constrained, focussed window is best for the club.

I'd focus on bringing in a central midfielder and a right sided attacker as a priority (at a minimum).

Rather than spend money at centre half, Branthwaite can take up the fourth slot, considering we don't have Europe.

We need to consider cover for Pickford but let's assume Virginia is up to it.

Also, bringing back Kenny or selling him to finance another player covers right back.

Slimmed down squad of 23:

Pickford, Virginia - 2

Coleman, Kenny (or sale) - 2
Digne, Baines (or youth player, plus Delph cover) - 2
Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite - 4

Iwobi, Bernard - 2
"New signing", Gbamin, Gomes, Delph, Davies - 5
"New signing", Walcott - 2

Sigurdsson - 1

Richarlison, DCL, Kean - 3

If Brands can work some magic and we can actually sell Bolasie, Besic, Sandro and Tosun, plus Dowell, Pennington and Tarashaj, that could cover the two signings we definitely need.

If there are further finances available, I'd probably look at a right back.
That squad will get us 11th or 12th next season

Cant we offer them Bernard lol ?

Considering how financially beggared we are, I think a constrained, focussed window is best for the club.

I'd focus on bringing in a central midfielder and a right sided attacker as a priority (at a minimum).

Rather than spend money at centre half, Branthwaite can take up the fourth slot, considering we don't have Europe.

We need to consider cover for Pickford but let's assume Virginia is up to it.

Also, bringing back Kenny or selling him to finance another player covers right back.

Slimmed down squad of 23:

Pickford, Virginia - 2

Coleman, Kenny (or sale) - 2
Digne, Baines (or youth player, plus Delph cover) - 2
Holgate, Keane, Mina, Branthwaite - 4

Iwobi, Bernard - 2
"New signing", Gbamin, Gomes, Delph, Davies - 5
"New signing", Walcott - 2

Sigurdsson - 1

Richarlison, DCL, Kean - 3

If Brands can work some magic and we can actually sell Bolasie, Besic, Sandro and Tosun, plus Dowell, Pennington and Tarashaj, that could cover the two signings we definitely need.

If there are further finances available, I'd probably look at a right back.
No Gordon?
I wouid sell Bernard for a start or iwobi.
and the centre back situation, Keane has been great to be fair, but he can also collapse at any time. he only tends to suit a defensive system. I’m not sure Ancelotti wants that long term. And he has 2yrs left so the club need to make a decision on his contract, personally I wouldn’t want us to give him a new deal and be stuck with him into his 30’s

the link to Gabriel, how strong that is, who knows.
But the fact he has pace and is technically better than Keane and Mina, I think tells us what Ancelotti wants from his centre backs.

to add. I wouid also sell Davies. Pointless player and any decent offer get rid

Operation? I don’t like that word
Bernard and 38m it is.....
can we not do a buy 1 get 1 free plus £37,999,999?

Status
Not open for further replies.