Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

I find it mad that people are talking about our forwards. I mean this seriously but it’s literally the only area in our team where we don’t need direct replacements aside from a left back. We have 3 players that people should be mostly happy with playing regularly, Digne, Richy and DCL. Every single other player in the squad has shown this season that they can be replaced and maybe even should be if that was possible. Can we please focus on our non existent midfield before any chat about our MULTIPLE 10+ goal a season strikers as well as our MULTIPLE young promising strikers, one of which was touted as one of Europe’s brightest young prospects less than a year ago. Christ.

We wont finish top 6 if we don't improve the team.

Almost certain everybody agrees with that statement.

But.

We have a fairly dodgy Keeper
Our CBs and CMs are injured lots
We lack any real quality across the midfield 4
And other than DCL and Rico up top, we have very little other options

So, lots of improving to do across the whole 11.

Mans acting like he's the only 1 who can see the squad isn't good enough.

I chuckle when people think we can magically replace/upgrade 11 in one calendar year. Doesn't work like that. 4-5 at a time, at best.

I find it mad that people are talking about our forwards. I mean this seriously but it’s literally the only area in our team where we don’t need direct replacements aside from a left back. We have 3 players that people should be mostly happy with playing regularly, Digne, Richy and DCL. Every single other player in the squad has shown this season that they can be replaced and maybe even should be if that was possible. Can we please focus on our non existent midfield before any chat about our MULTIPLE 10+ goal a season strikers as well as our MULTIPLE young promising strikers, one of which was touted as one of Europe’s brightest young prospects less than a year ago. Christ.

Holgate + Digne + Gordon + Richarlison + DCL

I chuckle when people think we can magically replace/upgrade 11 in one calendar year. Doesn't work like that. 4-5 at a time, at best.
I’m with you here.
Whole scale change Is disastrous and mostly results in failure.
It will most likely be three or four with youth playes padding out the gaps as understudies. I could easily see most of the following in the senior squad - JJK. Dowel, Branthwaite, Gibson, Simms Gordon.

to be fair we also talk about about forwards because there is a debate on them... wrt midfield I think we universally agree the lot can go (Gordon aside)

Status
Not open for further replies.