Reasons to be positive about this season...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Eye

Player Valuation: £5m
Let's be honest, it has been another huge disappointment - particularly to see Sheffield Utd and Burnley finish above us. Even Leicester who were below us last season... Also we will most likely finish outside of the top 10, however there have been some positives this season.

1: Appointing Carlo
2: Duncan getting his chance as caretaker manager
3: Richarlison and Holgate really starting to look the part. Possibly DCL too...
4: if we avoid defeat in our last two games, we will have taken points off of every team this season except for City.

Now granted that us only 4 things, but the last one shows we can at least compete with everyone despite being woeful a lot of the time.

What positives (if any) will you take out of the season?

It's been tough watching us since the restart but I think it could be a bit of a blessing that none of these spoofers pulled the wool over Carlo's eyes by going on a little run of form.

He's now more than well aware that we need personnel change on a fairly large scale, he's also seen the mindset of this squad and will look to improve the quality and mentality of the players brought in.

I liked the fact that two young lads played for us today and acquitted themselves well, that's definitely a positive.

The rest of the season can go right in the bin.

My main positive is that the season ended in March and this is just a few kick abouts until football resumes later in the year. Looking forward to Carlo starting his job properly then.
i am just concerned that if we start next season behind closed doors we will continue to be awful. Duncan fist pumping and hugging ballboys seems a lifetime ago. But i reckon it shows how important the crowd is at goodison

My positive is that I don´t think we can ever have a more embarrassing result against Liverpool. I don´t say that with much confidence but it´s difficult to see it getting any worse in that fixture.

My positive is that I don´t think we can ever have a more embarrassing result against Liverpool. I don´t say that with much confidence but it´s difficult to see it getting any worse in that fixture.
It's always darkest before the dawn eh?!

The most positive thing for me is that at last the myth that Everton players found it hard getting motivated at Goodison because of us, the paying customers, has been well and truly debunked.

These behind closed doors performances have been more lifeless than most we have seen when the Old Lady has been packed to the rafters.

The main positive was getting in one of the best managers in the world also Liverpool won the league and nobody gave a sh1t, and that really got to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.