Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasnt paying much attention to specific players but watched Inter vs Barca and he was world class at centre back. Not like "Oh hes going to be world class", literally world class.

So much so that if he played like that every game he'd be the best (or one of the best) centre back in the premier league.

I also watched him in defensive midfield on his debut (i think) for barca and he was being eased in...also did fine. Great passing ability but kept it simple.

He also got player of the month for schalke before the lockdown.

He was pretty shocking against Haaland in the match after the restart and went off injured.

At the end of the day, hes meant to be someone who trains hard, is a proper baller at centre back, quick and apparently a leader in the youth sides.

Massive potential but ive hardly seen him. One of these new French centre backs whove 'got the lot' but need to be trained positionally and taught to keep it simple.

Imo if were looking for a starter on day 1 its a no. However if hes a rotation RB / DM / CB for a season learning under Ancelotti then its a massive yes from me.

To compare with anyone, id say Stones when we first signed him. Someone with huge potential but needs to be taught to focus on the basics and not do the 'hollywood' turns all the time or overplay.

I guess its whether you think someone like Stones would have become a different player under Ancelotti rather than Martinez.
The fact he can play three positions might be useful

Just: Pickford, Davies, Delph, Iwobi, Gbamin, Kean, Mina, Walcott, Coleman and Bernard to go.

Realistically: Bernard, Kean, Delph (tell him to find a loan so he can get minutes somewhere), Pickford above 35mill, Mina or Keane as i dont think we need a fourth choice with their experience, and Walcott only if anyone offers some kind of fee. If not he might do a job as a squad player. Ideally either Sigurdsson or Davies too but doubt it.

Realistically: Bernard, Kean, Delph (tell him to find a loan so he can get minutes somewhere), Pickford above 35mill, Mina or Keane as i dont think we need a fourth choice with their experience, and Walcott only if anyone offers some kind of fee. If not he might do a job as a squad player. Ideally either Sigurdsson or Davies too but doubt it.

You think we are realistically getting £35m for Jordan Pickford?

Anyone have any idea if that Tariq Lamptey from Brighton would be available realistically this summer?

Only seen him play a few times recently but he looks a good player, right age too

Chelsea player on loan at Brighton, no? Imagine if he is pulling up trees they'll either want to integrate him into the first team next season or charge an eye-watering fee.

Disagree Zat,

they only ever reference others. this time its SPORT they are regurgitating from pretending to be a news outlet.

Thats what i wrote.

Chelsea player on loan at Brighton, no? Imagine if he is pulling up trees they'll either want to integrate him into the first team next season or charge an eye-watering fee.

Believe they signed him for £3mil so not on loan.

I think it was @Rook (?) Who mentioned him to me a few weeks back...looked quality the last couple of games.

Thats what i wrote.

Believe they signed him for £3mil so not on loan.

I think it was @Rook (?) Who mentioned him to me a few weeks back...looked quality the last couple of games.

Aye but you said they broke things. They don't break anything is my point they just take it from elsewhere. Not a reliable source IMO

I thought he had gone there permanently tbh but i might be wrong.

Either way you're probably right, he'd be expensive

Sportwitness saying we have had a bid accepted for Todibo. Roma also have had a higher bid accepted but have delayed proceeding...

...barca want a quick deal.

€20mil is the fee apparently.
Do not sign this fella, after watching him play in his last 4 games I think he is not good enough for the premiere league, I think all our own c/bs are better than this bloke and why are Barca so keen to get shut of him.

Do not sign this fella, after watching him play in his last 4 games I think he is not good enough for the premiere league, I think all our own c/bs are better than this bloke and why are Barca so keen to get shut of him.

Really? Which games were those?

Status
Not open for further replies.