2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was sacked with 12 months to go on his contract. Basically because the fans hounded him out

He was always going in the summer. He got 18 months as he refused to sign a 6 month contract. He was ALWAYS getting sacked in teh summer as he wans't wanted for any longer originally.

There is a case for his experience with Reggiana but we are talking about a completely different person doing a job 25 years ago. I could never do the same job that I did ten years ago, never mind that time. People evolve and I’m not saying He’s not the right man for the job. All I’m doing is saying that 90% of Everton fans have basically assumed that he’s perfect for the job right now. In reality, his previous jobs have been nowhere near this type of role/club and he is at a stage of his career where the likelihood is, he is probably not as hungry as he once was. David Moyes was a very good manager for Everton but he is now deemed a has been. At Everton, he was hungry, ambitious and that passion shines through to the players. Right now, no matter what he says, he is so proud of his time at Everton, he expects his teams to have respect for him rather than be a part of his future successes. Sven, capello, van gaal, all had great resumes but now they’re past it. I’m not saying CA is, I’m just pointing out that he shouldn’t be worshipped before doing anything

That is fine, and I agree nobody should be worshipping him for anything at Everton until he's done it at Everton. Worship him for his previous achievements, respect him for it and trust that he knows what he is doing.

Regarding the hunger thing, I understand your viewpoint as a fair one, but can't agree myself, he's 25 years on, more experienced, more proven and has said he's tired of the short projects. He actively wants this and I think that is what he expected at Napoli only for a nutjob of an owner.

CA is a huge step up for as a club though, it's up to the club to support him and trust his decisions. The worlds best can only do so much with bang average players and more importantly, awful attitudes from them. Most coaches would struggle.

Hope the club back him, give him the players we can give him, lets see what happens.

we ALL knew and FS knew it was a temp
Yeah but He was hated right? I didn’t like him either but he got us to 8th? I can’t work out whether it was better or worse than this current team but it was definitely a woeful, dreadful team. I couldn’t care less what the arrangement was my point is that CA makes two subs to get us an unexpected win against a faltering Leicester side and gets a genius tag. FS does that every other game and gets slaughtered.

Yeah but He was hated right? I didn’t like him either but he got us to 8th? I can’t work out whether it was better or worse than this current team but it was definitely a woeful, dreadful team. I couldn’t care less what the arrangement was my point is that CA makes two subs to get us an unexpected win against a faltering Leicester side and gets a genius tag. FS does that every other game and gets slaughtered.

thing is it’s fat sam, and it was an utter embarrassment he was anywere associated with Everton football club.

the team is currently crap and Carlo isn’t Jesus Chris, but you know what? He’s carlo ancellotti and he’s not fat Sam. Il leave it at that

I distinctly remember Bayern not winning a thing whilst he was there despite them winning 8 titles on the trot and Carlo only being there from 2016... :hayee:

MWDLGFGAGDWin%Ref
TeamFromToRecord
Reggiana1 July 1995[24]30 June 1996[24]411714104536+941.46[25]
Parma1 July 1996[28]30 June 1998[28]8742271812485+3948.28[30][35]
Juventus9 February 1999[38]17 June 2001[36][40]114633318185101+8455.26[41]
Milan6 November 2001[42]31 May 2009[37]42323810184690357+33356.26[44][50][58][63]
[65][71][192][193]
Chelsea1 July 2009[79]22 May 2011[93]10967202224194+14761.47[81][89][96]
Paris Saint-Germain30 December 2011[98]25 June 2013[109]774919915364+8963.64[102][106]
Real Madrid25 June 2013[109]25 May 2015[125]119891416323103+22074.79[117][123]
Bayern Munich1 July 2016[130]28 September 2017[148]60429915650+10670.00[130][138]
Napoli23 May 2018[151]10 December 2019[154]7338191612773+5452.05
Everton21 December 2019Present187562124−338.89
Total1,1216522612082,065987+107858.16

His glory days are not that far behind him, and also not that far ahead.
COYB!

He was hated for his personality, corruptness and his attitude. I doubt anyone is saying he is a genius based on two subs mate. They can respect that he is tactically making changes to try and get something from the game. The difference is Allardyce is corrupt who thinks he is gods gift to football. The bent b... is very good at stabilising teams and grinding out results, not really for long-term gain.

I think people appreciate having a manager who sees the game as it is, even if we dont always agree with it, and will change it if he can before the damage gets done. Don't forget we had Silva who seemed to wait as long as possible before changing things, we had Koeman who was similar. They probably get over-excited in the moment but ultimately respect him for his achievements in football, not for his subs in one game.

it is a refreshing change to see a bit of flexibility. Look at Martinez, a very likeable person and myself and others wish he had been a major success here. I think he bought into the club, had a good idea on how to progress us, however his stubbornness to learn and be flexible ultimately cost him his job. Koeman and Silva didnt ever seem to want to be flexible in the game plan. CA has that flexibility and that's what people are enjoying, even if the players on the pitch are playing like turds.

As I say, time will tell. The players we have a real problem for any manager. We have no central midfield, how do you win games without any midfielders being capable.

There is a case for his experience with Reggiana but we are talking about a completely different person doing a job 25 years ago. I could never do the same job that I did ten years ago, never mind that time. People evolve and I’m not saying He’s not the right man for the job. All I’m doing is saying that 90% of Everton fans have basically assumed that he’s perfect for the job right now. In reality, his previous jobs have been nowhere near this type of role/club and he is at a stage of his career where the likelihood is, he is probably not as hungry as he once was. David Moyes was a very good manager for Everton but he is now deemed a has been. At Everton, he was hungry, ambitious and that passion shines through to the players. Right now, no matter what he says, he is so proud of his time at Everton, he expects his teams to have respect for him rather than be a part of his future successes. Sven, capello, van gaal, all had great resumes but now they’re past it. I’m not saying CA is, I’m just pointing out that he shouldn’t be worshipped before doing anything

I understand your point, but I personally think CA is here to give his son a boost in the game. It's in their best interests to make Everton a success. I can see him handing the reigns over to his Son in a couple of years time, as this is the kind of club where he could do that. He couldn't do that at a PSG or even a Napoli but he could here, providing he himself has been a success.

What Everton have in CA is a manager who is finally able to understand a game and make changes to influence the game. We haven't had that for a long long time. Gone are the token 60 min changes, we've now got a manager capable of manipulating his side to see a game out or to try and win a game. Granted it's very early days, and the lockdown hasn't helped at all.

My only question marks about CA would be that he is known for giving players more freedom than most coaches, and clearly we've got a bunch of lazy wasters in the squad who will not naturally work hard, but I'd expect him to either adapt or to replace the players. Also he will want some success short term, so will likely go for the more experienced players, who are the type who have got us in this mess. Whereas as a club I feel we need a younger more energetic side.

But having said that, there's not a better manager out there for Everton and hopefully the staff at the club can learn from CA, especially with his game management.

I'm sure that you are right and that Carlo was assured that substantial funds were available to spend on a rebuild. I suspect that that is still the case
However if the pandemic has changed our financial position and thinking and we no longer have a decent budget for transfers I'm not sure that there is much point ( either from his point of view or Everton's ) in Carlo sticking around.
We might as well just recruit Sean f...ing Dyche give him £5 m to spend and get the same results.
If we are serious about a rebulid Carlo is the best we are going to get but I don't think Carlo would or should compromise his principles and waste his time with these misfits.
The choice is down to Mr Moshiri and Mr Usmanov.
Don't think Dyche would move to a bottom half team to be honest! Sad reality is that even Burnley are comfortably better than us right now.

Oh and I also think its worth pointing out that this mess isn't caused by just Silva, Walsh and Koeman are massively responsibile and to some degree Marcel Brands, who I've defend in the past really has his work to do to sort it out. I can't blaem him for not being able to shift the dross (who can?), but the Mina signing, while i see the appeal had injury problems before and has been a waste of money. Bernard I can see the appeal and do think there is a footballer there, but isn't a success so far.

Brands needs to work very well with CA to get quality in.

Don't think Dyche would move to a bottom half team to be honest! Sad reality is that even Burnley are comfortably better than us right now.

Colleague in work is a Burnley fan and knows the son ofa director. Says Dyche quite unhappy really and has put pressure on teh board in public recently.

I wouldn't go near him, i think he has a job that is a great fit for him but may struggle at other clubs that dont want to accept limited funds, limited playstyle.

Dyche would be efficient hard working etc and would drive the players we have currently got to their limits. The trouble is we do not really want many of the players we have got because they are crap at football. The big question is can we attract better players than what we have got for CA to work on? If not, we are sunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.