Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
6. Signed for us in 2014. Either way it’s a long time.

saying that he’s been in loan for the last 2 1/2 seasons.

Played well for us at times.

Well he played for us, thats not disputed. Apart from a few sliders, struggle to recall much else. Its a shame, cos like many, I liked the look of him.

6. Signed for us in 2014. Either way it’s a long time.

saying that he’s been on loan for the last 2 1/2 seasons.

Played well for us at times.

Ah yeah haha.
Counted 17/18 twice (us and Boro)!

Can't say I've ever seen him play well for us tbh. In fact, one of his displays was amongst the worst I'd ever seen (at the time, some of the gimps we have today would give him a run for his money).

Ah yeah haha.

Can't say I've ever seen him play well for us tbh. In fact, one of his displays was amongst the worst I'd ever seen (at the time, some of the gimps we have today would give him a run for his money).

Remember when people said he man marked messi out of a game in the world cup....the game messi scored and got man of the match!!!!

Ah yeah haha.

well, I know a lot of people also agree with you and think he’s not very good. Not going to argue with that because I might get piled on.

however, his performance in the home league cup semi against city really stands out for me. He was great that night. Proper battle with a top quality player in yaya toure.

ironically an in form Besic is exactly whatour side needs right now.

each to their own though.

Remember when people said he man marked messi out of a game in the world cup....the game messi scored and got man of the match!!!!

He did almost man mark him out of the game though.

it was crazy. One of the greatest players of all time, maybe even the greatest, couldn’t get a kick for 85 mins. He did an incredible job keeping him quiet.

However, Messi only needs one chance, one slip, one view of goal and he did what he’s been doing for over a decade now.

still a very good effort.

Just looked then and cannot believe that Besic has been on our books for 7 years.

S
E
V
E
N

Years.

Only at Everton.

Which means he must have been offered a new contract at some point along the way. When the hell did that happen? He's never played more than 3 games in a row for us.

Christ, who gave Besic a second contract?
Besic had already this season triggered a clause in his existing contract which entitled him to a 12-month extension by reaching 25 Barclays Premier League appearances for the club but the Everton manager, Roberto Martínez, was keen to tie the player down to a much longer term.

Martinez gave him a 5 and a half year extension.

Utter clown that fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.