Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are fans of clubs say that this every year. Right before they get relegated.
Right now we are dangerously close to being where West Ham are and my concern is If we were dragged into a relegation battle these players would fold. They have no fight. The only saving grace is our manager but if we don't back him it won't matter.

To me the Mings link reminds me of what happened with Bolasie, we were really in for sissoko from Newcastle, but at the last minute he chose tottenham, so palace knew we had £25m and demanded that for bolasie and we paid it. Bolasie was probably worth about £15m

This time we have been trying to get a CB and have been linked with various players between £22m and £30m, so Villa know we have £30m for CB and that's what they are going to demand. they could sign 2 or 3 players with that money in the championship

We signed Bolasie about 2 weeks before we bid for Sissoko.

I doubt if we are interested in Rodriguez and I doubt even more that he would have an interest in us
At the moment I think he is even the wrong type of signing for us. I am not sure he is a leader or battler and his transfer would tie up a lot of whatever money we have to spend .

We need to be looking around Europe for central midfield players that are preferably young,athletic and maybe even captain of their team.
I would look at the championship for the same type of player.
We have a team lacking more in character than ability imo.

I doubt if we are interested in Rodriguez and I doubt even more that he would have an interest in us
At the moment I think he is even the wrong type of signing for us. I am not sure he is a leader or battler and his transfer would tie up a lot of whatever money we have to spend .

We need to be looking around Europe for central midfield players that are preferably young,athletic and maybe even captain of their team.
I would look at the championship for the same type of player.
We have a team lacking more in character than ability imo.

This of course makes sense on the surface but Ancelotti knows Rodriguez very well so if we do want him I would hope the manager has a reason for it.

We shouldn't be chasing "names". This will be an unpopular statement I would imagine but I don't want James Rodriguez, Thiago Silva, Coutinho et al. because if they did come it would be purely for the cash. I want us to sign players who are pleased sign for Everton because it is a step up in their career. I don't even care if they are doing it because they see us as a stepping stone to a "bigger" club because at least they will have a motivation to perform. If James or Thiago Silva come here and play badly what's the worst that will happen to them? They get benched and collect six figures every week until the end of their contract when they retire, go back to play for their boyhood clubs or sign up to a tinpot league in the US or Qatar for another low risk payday. I want players with something to prove. Brands job is to catch them on the way up not the way down. If he doesn't start doing that soon he will have failed.

Who we sign players from no matter class, ability isn’t the problem. We need players with a winning mentality.

Whether they’re kids or not just need to a winning mentality and when I say winners they don’t have had to won anything either.

Avoid the likes of Iwobi or Sigurdsson at different ends of the career but still losers, they can’t even go 100% into a tackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.