Time To Break FFP?

Is it time to take the hit and break FFP?

• Yes

Votes: 153 70.2%
  • No

Votes: 51 23.4%
  • Maybe (give Brands 1 more window)

Votes: 14 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We certainly need a chunk of £ to replace 3/4 of the entire squad. We need to offload the players we don’t want at the same time. I can’t see this happening over night. We need to spend £ a lot better, or we will remain poor. With what we’ve spent already we should be better, but it’s gonna take time to change it. Don’t go down the toilet looking for immediate results, keep the best we have and add to them, while getting rid of others.

Unless we've got a competent scouting and acquisition process, I'm worried that even if we did decide to splurge and break FFP then we'd end up buying badly.

We've got to be far more shrewd in the market because we've got a bit of a history of overpaying on dross; the legacy of that is where we are today.

For me, Richarlison and Digne have both been great buys. I'm undecided still on Gomes and Mina and it'll depend on who comes in next to them.

The rest have been failures up to now: see Kean, Iwobi, Gylfi, Klassen, Sandro, Rooney and Bolasie to name but a few.

I think this could be good news in terms of actually selling players.

Maybe in the past we didn’t want to take huge losses on players but we might as well cull the wage thieves off now.

irrespective of FFP, we can’t be completely irresponsible. I remember 98, when we sold Ferguson and realised we were massively in debt.

I want us to bring quality players that will improve us. But I don’t want us to repeat the mistakes of the past and we desperately need to shift a load of dead wood out the club

irrespective of FFP, we can’t be completely irresponsible. I remember 98, when we sold Ferguson and realised we were massively in debt.

I want us to bring quality players that will improve us. But I don’t want us to repeat the mistakes of the past and we desperately need to shift a load of dead wood out the club

1998 to now lol behave

Status
Not open for further replies.