Iwobi
Pickford
Bernard
Davies
Walcott
Mina
Delph
Tosun

How've we got into a position where we've got 9 wage (and oxygen) thieves that I can think of off the top of my head on our books, the majority of whom are on in excess of 60k a week.

Laughable.

Need a RW ASAP

After thinking about this over a couple pints, I think we need to rethink this "lets get the finished article" thing. It hasn't served us well, at all. There are some class players in the Championship who would absolutely jump at a chance to join us and give a hell of a lot more than what we currently have. Let's get in some players who think playing for Everton would be an absolute privileged ffs..

The lower leagues have been one of our best, most reliable and value for money markets in the Premier League era. Utterly ridiculous how we have just abandoned it in recent years given the success we've had from it.

Listen to offers (tumbleweed) for everybody other than Richy, DCL, Mason, Digne, Gordon and Micky Kegs.

The rest of them don’t deserve to wear the shirt.

Getting rid of players will be the hardest part. We've really been plagued by crap signings in the past few years.

I preferred it when we were skint tbh

The lower leagues have been one of our best, most reliable and value for money markets in the Premier League era. Utterly ridiculous how we have just abandoned it in recent years given the success we've had from it.

It's all about balance. It's okay to splash a bit of cash, it's okay to get a free transfer here and there, okay to go and get some older experience.It's okay to sign a player from a relegated team and it's okay to look for 1 or 2 gems from lower leagues.

What isn't okay is disregarding several and focusing on one. Signing only big names, doesnt work, Signing only lower league players, doesn't work, signing only frees or expereince, doesnt work.

Have a plan and utilise all of these options to execute that plan.

I think the worrying thing is we are being linked with high risk, high cost players again;

Morelos from Rangers, scores consistently in the scottish league, but to me it is like league one level up there and his attitude and temperament are up there with Ballotelli.
Tyrone Mings for £30m from Villa if they go down, I think he is an OK defender, but I think he is overpriced, villa paid £20m for him last summer
Under from Roma for £33m, he has only been OK in Italy, still only 22, could improve, but could just as easily go the other way and we would be stuck with a player on massive wages no one wants.

I guess there is not really an easy solution to it, I just hope we dont offer these guys ridiculous wages and we get players in with the right attitude

We need a transfer policy that will give us a balanced team - chasing big names has left us with an unbalanced squad on the pitch.

We haven’t got any big name players?

Big name in Swansea maybe but big names are world known players we haven’t got any of them.

We need a transfer policy that will give us a balanced team - chasing big names has left us with an unbalanced squad on the pitch.

....I’m not sure Brands has pursued big names, but I’m less convinced he’s gone for the right names. I cling to the hope he’s pursuing a transfer strategy in that he bought 2 ball carrying midfielders who cover ground quickly in Gbamin and Iwobi.

Unfortunately, neither have worked out for differing reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.