2019/20 Moise Kean

Status
Not open for further replies.
it is a day and night, how he looked over there in Turin and here...something is up with the lad.

it is a day and night, how he looked over there in Turin and here...something is up with the lad.

He absolutely does need to work more but Christ does our team make it hard for him. Richarlison and DCL have to bust a gut to just get one chance (often half-chance). I can't remember Kean missing too many guilt-edge chances (the one at Watford springs to mind but luckily Walcott was there to tap in) so maybe he'll come alive once we have a better midfield behind him.

That said, these anonymous cameos aren't gonna displace the two up top. Would like to see him put himself about more - he did at home to Newcastle so he has it in him.

Was he though or just hyped up because he came through at Juventus?
Every talent is hyped up to some degree, but there is no doubt that Kean has talent. The question is whether he has the mentality?

One must also keep in mind that he had limited experience at the top level, and that the pace in Serie A is significantly lower than in the PL. In addition, he has come to a club that is struggling hard, and we do not dominate the matches as Juventus does in Serie A.

Give him another season, and see if he develops, and then we can pass a verdict.

Literally does one thing a game, then should be subbed off because he becomes beyond useless.
Accurate. One very promising moment and then a disappearing act. Every damn time. Can’t blame him with the way our midfield is in shambles but he hasn’t really shown it as of yet. Still willing to give him the benefit of a doubt until we sort it though.

We all know the team is not playing well.
Kean is not expected to win games on his own but compare his attitude with that of an even younger player in Gordon.
Gordon works incredibly hard and gets taken off when the tank is empty.
Kean jogs around the pitch waiting for an opportunity to do something dramatic or clever.
As soon as he realises that he needs to work so much harder than he currently does then he will be a much better player.

Look at the attacking players at the clubs at the top of the league including our neighbours. They all work incredibly hard, that is what Kean needs to learn.

We all know the team is not playing well.
Kean is not expected to win games on his own but compare his attitude with that of an even younger player in Gordon.
Gordon works incredibly hard and gets taken off when the tank is empty.
Kean jogs around the pitch waiting for an opportunity to do something dramatic or clever.
As soon as he realises that he needs to work so much harder than he currently does then he will be a much better player.

Look at the attacking players at the clubs at the top of the league including our neighbours. They all work incredibly hard, that is what Kean needs to learn.

....perhaps what your describing is a tribute to how Gordon’s been coached by Tait and Unsworth.

....perhaps what your describing is a tribute to how Gordon’s been coached by Tait and Unsworth.
Maybe it is Eggs.
Gordon certainly has a good attitude, is skilful and has already composure and vision.
Undoubtedly he has natural talent but there is no doubt either that the academy have done very well in bringing him this far.

Having a good work ethic is key and Gordon has that, whoever is responsible for that.
Kean , as yet, seems not to appreciate the hard work involved. He has been at the club long enough now to know what is expected and I can't say that I see any difference in him to the player that first arrived.
We already know that Duncan seems less than impressed with him.

I think there's a tendency to talk about talent as if it's just your natural ability to dribble or shoot, but it's so much more than that. Movement, awareness, consistency etc are talents too. People say you can learn these things, but only to a point. It worries me that Kean just looks lost at times, as if he has no idea how to impact a game. He definitely has footballing ability, but i'm not seeing this stand out talent that people talked about because he just doesn't seem to be able to involve himself.

A complete excuse. But 90 percent of our players are getting them now. So may as well throw this guy in. Tv camera angles. That just takes the biscuit.

I'm not saying he's playing well just that it's not always easy to judge what runs he is or isn't making or how well he's showing when it's on TV and the ball isn't coming out of a midfield that struggles to string two passes together.

There can be a noticeable difference in what you see or don't see in a player when you go the game versus watching it on TV. Or even if you watch a specific player rather than the game in general.

Again, not a defence of the player I'm just questioning your assertion that his movement , willingness to show for the ball or positivity is absent.

Status
Not open for further replies.