2019/20 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not a winger according to his apologists.

Certainly not a central player as he can't control, pass or strike a ball with any sort of consistency.

No end product whatsoever.

Why do we keep signing players like this? Utterly baffling.

1594074537296.png

Stats are indefensible. I can´t get my head around how we came to conclusion this was the signing we needed to make.

Honestly, give me that Vlasic type signing all day long over this. Yeah, it didn´t work out but at least there was potential to buy into and worst case scenario we don´t squander obscene amounts of money.

Certainly preferable to him being on the pitch though.

Every cloud and that...

He has been disappointing for sure...
Expected more from him, creating chances, scoring goals & being a constant threat but it just has not happened....

Gets injured frequently & seems a bit of a liability...

View attachment 93503

Stats are indefensible. I can´t get my head around how we came to conclusion this was the signing we needed to make.

Honestly, give me that Vlasic type signing all day long over this. Yeah, it didn´t work out but at least there was potential to buy into and worst case scenario we don´t squander obscene amounts of money.
He wasn't bought to score goals. What Brands thought he was going to bring isn't really compatible with the rest of what we are trying to do right now. It is what it is.

He wasn't bought to score goals. What Brands thought he was going to bring isn't really compatible with the rest of what we are trying to do right now. It is what it is.

Players are brought to improve the team. Have we improved as a consequence of spending 30 million quid on Iwobi? It´s obvious we haven´t.

I´m sorry, but if you´re going to occupy the front positions for a team aspiring to be in the Champions League you have to contribute more than 3 goals a season.

Players are brought to improve the team. Have we improved as a consequence of spending 30 million quid on Iwobi? It´s obvious we haven´t.

I´m sorry, but if you´re going to occupy the front positions for a team aspiring to be in the Champions League you have to contribute more than 3 goals a season.
If I'm guessing, Brands saw him as a replacement for Sigurdsson that eventually would take up a spot closer to a midfielder than a #10 like Gylfi played. It didn't work out that way and he's been turned into a winger in a team that doesn't pass the ball well. It won't work.

If I'm guessing, Brands saw him as a replacement for Sigurdsson that eventually would take up a spot closer to a midfielder than a #10 like Gylfi played. It didn't work out that way and he's been turned into a winger in a team that doesn't pass the ball well. It won't work.

But isn't that disturbing to you that they picked Iwobi to be our replacement for Sigurdsson? This is a player who has barely played in a central role his whole career yet it seems like our scouts have deemed him good enough.

Everton finish top 4, Iwobi plays 30+ games as the number 10. It's just not going to happen is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.