2019/20 Carlo Ancelotti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week he was tactically brilliant and I praised him, so it’s only fair that I say we were really poor today. 4 4 2 hasn’t worked against any of the better sides we’ve played, and we did nothing at all to change the game. He’s done well so far, but there are still too many really poor performances.

As well as he’s done at the end of the day he can’t polish a sack of shabite so until we see some proper players come in for him to use we won’t really push on

Yep. Mentioned it on the match thread but I'll say it again. Carlo knows what he's got to work with. This problem is one that needs to be addressed in the transfer market, not on the training ground.

Between them Gomes and Sigurdsson completed 0 (zero) tackles, 1 interception and conceded 6 fouls. What’s he got to be thinking when his most senior midfielders produce displays as lacklustre and pathetic as that?

Last week he was tactically brilliant and I praised him, so it’s only fair that I say we were really poor today. 4 4 2 hasn’t worked against any of the better sides we’ve played, and we did nothing at all to change the game. He’s done well so far, but there are still too many really poor performances.
You can do tactical master classes for hours on end, explaining in great detail what to do but when your 45 mil pound player and one of the most experienced players at the club decides I’m not even gonna bother trying for that 50/50 then there not a lot you can do

Top manager working with a diabolical set of tools that has took out several previous managers. Just get the season finished no matter where we finish and let him rebuild how he sees fit and move us forward. It is the only way.

Only hope to god hes giving enough of them the rope to hang their everton shelf life.
And thats a lot of rope.
Good luck carlo. I apologise on behalf of the previous buffoons who left you with expensive average players.

Wonder if he would walk out if no progress is made. If players aren't going to play for him he must be disgusted.

You can do tactical master classes for hours on end, explaining in great detail what to do but when your 45 mil pound player and one of the most experienced players at the club decides I’m not even gonna bother trying for that 50/50 then there not a lot you can do
That would be a better defence if sigurdsson didn’t normally do stuff like that. As he does, and is consistently awful - even worse when in central midfield - you’d have to say the person who picks him isn’t totally blameless when it happens.

Tim Cahill echoes, echoes your thoughts above. Saying something on the lines of many £100m’s spent pre-Anchelotti, CA is having to work within the constraints of that. A not so subtle dig at the tools at his disposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.