Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't be bothered finding your original p

The point being that we are, at the moment, a mid-table side in poor formourselves. So why not stop moaning and start thinking positive. This season has been over for a long time.
Jesus wept.

I can't be bothered finding your original p

The point being that we are, at the moment, a mid-table side in poor formourselves. So why not stop moaning and start thinking positive. This season has been over for a long time.
Thinking by supporters has a massive effect on the team.....come on!

You what really annoys me.. there’s a small pocket of in the public Evertonians who feel they have the right to be condescending to other Evertonians for being annoyed and having an opinion. I couldn’t give a monkeys about XG or anything like that but I can see with my own eyes how awful some of our players are. I’d sooner trust my eyes over someone’s stats any day

Well yes all fair. However I've seen Baningime play a handful of games for the first team, and he's never been that bad. Likewise, Gordon didn't get a look in under the previous manager. Managers can sometimes make easy choices over perhaps the right choice.
And then there are a few who get shipped out too early, never even being given a chance -- I give you Liam Walsh, who has more skill, creativity and fight than any of our established midfield players. Admittedly a low bar I know.

see if a striker starved club like relegated Villa wants him for a year or 2 maybe he gets some confidence and becomes one for the distant future. i wouldn't give up on strikers so soon, they bang in a few even in the championship and suddenly they are worth 40M

not giving up on him but need to see something from him to deserve the patience.

Really really poor in the end, felt spurs were thee for the taking tonight, there was no way there were going to blow us away but then for us to put in a showing like that leaves a really bitter taste.

Had his foot hanging off this season... There's no way he's 100%
Yeah, he’s clearly not fully fit. Go back and watch the Arsenal game when he came on as a sub after the return from injury, when he was living off the adrenaline of the comeback. He was the best player on the pitch that day for the last 20-30 minutes.

Completely different player now, though, when playing time is back to normal and without that comeback boost. Honestly, he probably shouldn’t be making more than sub appearances post-lockdown if not for the complete lack of other options at the moment. I think we forget just how bad that injury was and how fast he rushed back from it. Clearly he’s not all the way back.

Doesn’t mean he can’t make it all the way back later. Just takes time.

We need more going forward, we were woeful in their half & lacked any creativity we didn't look capable of scoring a goal.

We rely too much on DCL & Richarlison to score our goals, we don't create chances & our midfield keep losing the ball through bad passing or being tackled....

More competition for places & the deadwood sold,loaned or contract ran out...

Status
Not open for further replies.