Match Thread Tottenham Hotspur v Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not confident, Sheffield are way better defensively than us because they've been doing it all season, Even Leicester scored from a simple mistake from us.
Kane/Son is just too dangerous to ignore simply because they didn't do it last. Will have to be another Ancelotti masterclass if we win here.

OUr defensive performance against the mutants across the park gives me some confidence here. We've looked rock solid at the back since the restart. It's going forward we look a bit janky.

Given the recent good results, positive performances and growing sense of optimism this is the sort of game that - in recent years - is unceremoniously lost by Everton rendering the good vibes suffocated. To be considered a team on the up, the run of form has to build proper momentum and not stop at the first tricky obstacle.

Speaking to a Spurs mate they don’t want Europa as fans. Would be surprised if the club want Europa either. They’d prefer Saturday games and no distraction to get into champs league next season. Wouldn’t the same apply to us? I personally would like a Europa cup run but our squad is lacking in quality at the moment. Guess a lot depends on the players we can attract this summer. Would a chance to join Everton be any different if we were in Europe or not? Doubt it.

Everton have not beaten Spurs in 14 league meetings dating back to December 2012.

Just read that on the BBC, we’re due one then

Speaking to a Spurs mate they don’t want Europa as fans. Would be surprised if the club want Europa either. They’d prefer Saturday games and no distraction to get into champs league next season. Wouldn’t the same apply to us? I personally would like a Europa cup run but our squad is lacking in quality at the moment. Guess a lot depends on the players we can attract this summer. Would a chance to join Everton be any different if we were in Europe or not? Doubt it.

It's definitely going to be attractive for players coming from Europe, Footballers are career focused and will be conscious how playing in Europe will raise their profile.

That said, I dont think it is worth the trade-off; the PL is a slog & stats back up the argument that it's circa a 10 point handicap on your PL season. For perspective, only twice a team competing in the Europa league has managed to finish top 4, although Man United might do it this year.

For me the benefit of Carlo coaching this squad Monday - Friday next season will be priceless and an opportunity that mightened come around again

It's definitely going to be attractive for players coming from Europe, Footballers are career focused and will be conscious how playing in Europe will raise their profile.

That said, I dont think it is worth the trade-off; the PL is a slog & stats back up the argument that it's circa a 10 point handicap on your PL season. For perspective, only twice a team competing in the Europa league has managed to finish top 4, although Man United might do it this year.

For me the benefit of Carlo coaching this squad Monday - Friday next season will be priceless and an opportunity that mightened come around again
Carlo said he is use to playing and coaching for 2 games a week so not sure its a problem for him. Its getting the players in the same mind set and also bringing in quality to the squad that can compete in both. Nice problem to have although we will fall short if we don't get at least a point late. Nice to have faith in a manager regardless of what situation we will be in

Status
Not open for further replies.