Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we paid 27mil on a 5 year deal so after 2 years our breakeven would be around 16.2mil.

I like Mina more than Keane but the injuries dont seem to end and to be honest id be happy moving both him and Keane on for acceptable fees.

£20mil each then bring in 2 more centre backs...

Possibly why were linked with a few of them.

£20mil for Mina and Gabriel coming in makes sense.

There's no reason at all we should take a £10m loss on mina. He's been fine when he's played. Injuries obviously haven't helped but he's a good centre back and certainly doesn't have the lowlight real of mistakes that Keane does. If we were selling (and I doubt we are) I'd be wanting our money back as a minimum given his age and quality

There's no reason at all we should take a £10m loss on mina. He's been fine when he's played. Injuries obviously haven't helped but he's a good centre back and certainly doesn't have the lowlight real of mistakes that Keane does. If we were selling (and I doubt we are) I'd be wanting our money back as a minimum given his age and quality

...I also prefer him to Keane but the club could be in a position where they need to move one or two of our most sellable assets on. We can’t be exactly sure how the lockdown has impacted the market, but I’d imagine players valuation will have dropped.

Well there are a couple of reasons

1: Selling for £20mil gives us that amount up front so we can spend £100mil if we bring in players on 5 year deals.

2: Hes injured a lot which means its not going to be a reliable backup situation if we bring in a starter.

If it was me, id sell both him and Keane and sign 2 new centre backs. We can aim for better now we have ancelotti.

1: Selling for £20mil gives us that amount up front so we can spend £100mil if we bring in players on 5 year deals.

2: Hes injured a lot which means its not going to be a reliable backup situation if we bring in a starter.

If it was me, id sell both him and Keane and sign 2 new centre backs. We can aim for better now we have ancelotti.

I don't think I want to turn over all three of our central defensive partnerships in one window. That means everybody is learning from scratch how their partner plays. We need to keep some consistency whilst we're upgrading the squad. At the moment we have 3 potential combinations, if you sell one (either Mina or Keane) you're reducing it to 1. That would seem sensible to me.

You aren't going to totally transform the squad in one window. Well, with enough money you could, but then you've got a group of strangers to gel together.

It is a fantasy to believe we will sell players for cash up front (particularly to clubs in Europe where every deal is staged payments and performance clauses) but buy on the drip (particularly from clubs in PL where the norm remains for PL to PL deals for payment in full for the core fee within a year). File under silly season.

He was also a teenager..
Doesn’t do anything at all to challenge the point does it? I’m not knocking the lad, just saying it’s extremely small time to suggest he’d be a good signing because Guardiola rated him, when ‘rating him’ consisted of picking him sporadically as a member of the squad he inherited, before replacing him, and never attempting to buy him at his next club.

The £20m bit there isn't really a factor - cash flow isn't really an issue anymore until Moshiri decides to stop funding us

Selling him for £20m would allow us to book a £3m-ish accounting profit on him for this year. That's not a bad result and I do get why we might consider selling him, particularly if Branthwaite and Gibson are edging closer to first team contention and we are still after another centre back.

For me your last sentence is key to all our transfers , but I see it slightly differently. Ancelotti can bring the best out of some players we have, like Holgate, Keane, Mina, DCL players who have all figured in the “ get rid” comments in recent seasons. He’s got 6 more games to see which players will respond to him, which players wont , which gaps he needs to fill and importantly which players he buys he can adapt to his style. Our best purchase of recent seasons has been Carlo.

The £20m bit there isn't really a factor - cash flow isn't really an issue anymore until Moshiri decides to stop funding us

Selling him for £20m would allow us to book a £3m-ish accounting profit on him for this year. That's not a bad result and I do get why we might consider selling him, particularly if Branthwaite and Gibson are edging closer to first team contention and we are still after another centre back.

Yeah its an accounting profit of about £3mil if we sell for £20mil (at a minimum).

Also of course the wages show a saving and the £20mil means we can spend £100mil this window as long as contracts are for 5 years, £80mil if player contracts are 4 years of course.

Any extensions further spreads out the accounting payments which is a reason why Digne should be extended to 5 years.

For me your last sentence is key to all our transfers , but I see it slightly differently. Ancelotti can bring the best out of some players we have, like Holgate, Keane, Mina, DCL players who have all figured in the “ get rid” comments in recent seasons. He’s got 6 more games to see which players will respond to him, which players wont , which gaps he needs to fill and importantly which players he buys he can adapt to his style. Our best purchase of recent seasons has been Carlo.

I really like Mina. I also really like Keane if we play deep.

But i love Holgate.

Could we sell Keane and Mina and bring in 2 'modern' (athletic, fast, ball playing) defenders who can be coached by Ancelotti to be top class or even dare i say, world class?

For the fees mooted id sell both tomorrow to bring in Gabriel and another similar player.

If Ancelotti can make stars of players then lets get him some players with enormous potential.

Realistically we could get James for cut price, Allan to be our main signing & Rabiot on loan with option

James - Allan - Rabiot

Damn.

Of the 3 players there:

Allan -- Class soldier on the pitch but 29 and if he doesnt adapt were screwed.

Rabiot -- His mum. If he fails here it will be tough to shift him.

James -- World class on his day and with 3 other players in key positions he could be a top 4 catalyst. However injuries are a concern and again if he flops were stuffed.

How about we bring in CB / RB / CM / RM

New Thiago Silva
New Cafu
New Allan
New James

Young players who Ancelotti can turn into world class stars.

We'd need 3 new centre backs if we sold both keane and mina

Status
Not open for further replies.