Everton Transfer Thread - Summer 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
£200 million spent in 2 seasons - would you hand on heart say we have had value for money mate?

So he spends 200m in 2 seasons...

... but 1/4 of that is on a player you class as a Silva signing.

So he’s either spent 200m and brought in Digne, Bernard, Iwobi, Gomes, Mina Richarlison & some players who aren’t exactly first team yet.

OR...

he’s spent 150m and brought in Digne, Bernard, Iwobi, Gomes, Mina & some players who aren’t exactly first team yet.

Otherwise you look like someone pushing their agenda, and you’re not that, surely ...;)

So he spends 200m in 2 seasons...

... but 1/4 of that is on a player you class as a Silva signing.

So he’s either spent 200m and brought in Digne, Bernard, Iwobi, Gomes, Mina Richarlison & some players who aren’t exactly first team yet.

OR...

he’s spent 150m and brought in Digne, Bernard, Iwobi, Gomes, Mina & some players who aren’t exactly first team yet.

Otherwise you look like someone pushing their agenda, and you’re not that, surely ...;)

Out of all those signings only Digne is good enough to start for a top 6 club realistically.

I think Brands is fine recruiting for a club like Crystal Palace or Southampton who are happy with midtable football pushing for a top 10 finish.

But for a club like Everton trying to chase down the Champions League spots the recruitment hasnt been on the levels of Leicester & Wolves for example yet you have to question why when we supposedly have such a top class DOF.

Out of all those signings only Digne is good enough to start for a top 6 club realistically.

I think Brands is fine recruiting for a club like Crystal Palace or Southampton who are happy with midtable football pushing for a top 10 finish.

But for a club like Everton trying to chase down the Champions League spots the recruitment hasnt been on the levels of Leicester & Wolves for example yet you have to question why when we supposedly have such a top class DOF.

so has he spent 200m and you include richarlison, or has he spent 150m and Richarlison is a a silva signing.

didn’t see you do anything but not answer this very salient point.

so has he spent 200m and you include richarlison, or has he spent 150m and Richarlison is a a silva signing.

Regardless of what you want to consider his recruitment has still been largely average.

Everytime I speak to an opposition fan they cant believe how much dough we have wasted in recent seasons.

Yep if we are insisting on playing DCL every week we need atleast 2 more goalscorers in the side from out wide / midfield alongside Richarlison.

...I think DCL/Richarlison will contribute 10+ each but I agree that our wide players need to each contribute double figures. Gordon has that potential.

When we’ve been successful we’ve had goals from other areas, even CB. Husband, Morrissey, Ball, Whittle, Hurst in 1970, Steven, Sheedy, Mountfield in ‘85.

Regardless of what you want to consider his recruitment has still been largely average.

Everytime I speak to an opposition fan they cant believe how much dough we have wasted in recent seasons.

I mean it’s not ‘regardless of’ because you discredit him by way of saddling a 200m cost-sized noose around his neck, but yet don’t give him credit for 1/4 of that cost.

doing both makes you look like you have an agenda... which you obviously don’t.

I mean it’s not ‘regardless of’ because you discredit him by way of saddling a 200m cost-sized noose around his neck, but yet don’t give him credit for 1/4 of that cost.

doing both makes you look like you have an agenda... which you obviously don’t.

So you dont think £150 million in 2 seasons is still alot of money for a club outside of europe?

...the DoF is accountable for all transfers under his tenure, good and bad. Richarlison is a Brands signing because he authorised it.

A good benchmark is the resale value of his signings and I imagine he’d be making a profit. Delph is the main one I’d be concerned about. This window will be interesting and we’ll know lots more after it.

I think he's a budget 442 midfielder that suits Carlo's system.

He isn't on the same level of the likes of Zielinki, Allan etc. but will suit the system.

If we get him we need atleast one top drawer box to box or creative midfielder imo - you compare our midfield to those of City, Chelsea, Utd, Leicester, Wolves and to a lesser extent the RS and we are miles behind.

We need our own version of KDB, Fernandes, Neves, Maddison, Ziyech
Most of them play different system. Maddison and Fernandes couldn’t play as midfielder in a 2.
I think neves is overrated.

And Ziyech is a winger, maybe he can play in a 10 to. But he’s 27 and played his whole career in the Dutch league, let’s hang fire and see how he gets on in the prem.

Most of them play different system. Maddison and Fernandes couldn’t play as midfielder in a 2.
I think neves is overrated.

And Ziyech is a winger, maybe he can play in a 10 to. But he’s 27 and played his whole career in the Dutch league, let’s hang fire and see how he gets on in the prem.

I know that im just giving an example of a talisman type midfielder who can chip in with goals mate.

I know that im just giving an example of a talisman type midfielder who can chip in with goals mate.
Well I suppose it’s down to Ancelotti, I’m not sure having a playmaker Who can also score goals in a midfield 2. Is the best for a 442 System. I still think he will be looking for 2 aggressive box to box midfielders.

And look to improve the goal and playmaking output from the wide areas

Status
Not open for further replies.